What's you're news channel?

nybuckboy

11 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

While on news, I wanted to pose the question is everything that happens in Canada utterly charming. I’m waiting for the border to reopen in time for my Quebec hunt and apparently the border workers have gone on strike. But a Canadian strike isn’t a cessation of work. These border agents are simply going to do their job slowly and perhaps they’ll refuse to answer questions posed by those crossing the border. A minor inconvenience. Take that! I just love it. 

“In a work-to-rule strike, employees obey policies, procedures and laws that apply to their work, and perform their jobs to "the letter of the law," the unions wrote. That conduct includes not answering questions from travelers about border laws or gathering duties and taxes, according to Reuters.
The unions said their conduct "may cause long and unavoidable delays at Canada's borders as workers carry out their jobs as they were trained to do."
"We truly hoped we wouldn't be forced to take strike action, but we've exhausted every other avenue to reach a fair contract with the government," Chris Aylward, Public Service Alliance of Canada national president, said in a statement”

VERY COOL- I’m jealous ! When is your hunt scheduled ?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

While on news, I wanted to pose the question is everything that happens in Canada utterly charming. I’m waiting for the border to reopen in time for my Quebec hunt and apparently the border workers have gone on strike. But a Canadian strike isn’t a cessation of work. These border agents are simply going to do their job slowly and perhaps they’ll refuse to answer questions posed by those crossing the border. A minor inconvenience. Take that! I just love it. 

“In a work-to-rule strike, employees obey policies, procedures and laws that apply to their work, and perform their jobs to "the letter of the law," the unions wrote. That conduct includes not answering questions from travelers about border laws or gathering duties and taxes, according to Reuters.
The unions said their conduct "may cause long and unavoidable delays at Canada's borders as workers carry out their jobs as they were trained to do."
"We truly hoped we wouldn't be forced to take strike action, but we've exhausted every other avenue to reach a fair contract with the government," Chris Aylward, Public Service Alliance of Canada national president, said in a statement”

They're such sweat hearts up north .

On 8/5/2021 at 10:11 AM, Steuben Jerry said:

Local NBC affiliate for local news, Fox for national and world news. 

Fox is unashamedly biased to the right, but just about every other one is biased to the left, most to the far left. So between the NBC affiliate and Fox, I'm keeping it fair and balanced.

Here is a map of the channels Left and Right sided. 

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-biased-is-your-news-source-you-probably-wont-agree-with-this-chart-2018-02-28

9 hours ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

All Fox News is good at doing is keeping their veiwers skeered

I assume, from your statement, that you are not a FOX News guy lol.  Do you watch CNN or MSNBC as an alternative? You do, of course realize they PROFOUNDLY distort the news to fit their liberal narrative, dont you?  I agree that FOX does the same and to the right, but it astounds me when I hear those on the left make this assertion while believing theyre news channels -in contrast- are fair and unbiased ,and that through painstaking meticulous research reporting , SOMEHOW arrive at THE TRUTH which supports the Lefts narrative!  Wow: if only we (conservatives) would wake up someday and realize the errors of our ways LOL. 

5 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

I assume, from your statement, that you are not a FOX News guy lol.  Do you watch CNN or MSNBC as an alternative? You do, of course realize they PROFOUNDLY distort the news to fit their liberal narrative, dont you?  I agree that FOX does the same and to the right, but it astounds me when I hear those on the left make this assertion while believing theyre news channels -in contrast- are fair and unbiased ,and that through painstaking meticulous research reporting , SOMEHOW arrive at THE TRUTH which supports the Lefts narrative!  Wow: if only we (conservatives) would wake up someday and realize the errors of our ways LOL. 

Both side distort the truth to fit their overlords agendas. Nothing new there. But in all honesty I'm not liking anything I see coming from the right anymore.

On 8/5/2021 at 11:15 AM, Versatile_Hunter said:

While on news, I wanted to pose the question is everything that happens in Canada utterly charming. 

Disarming you with charm is how we're going to take over the world. 

On 8/5/2021 at 11:41 AM, Jeremy K said:

They're such sweat hearts up north .

These are sweathearts:

image.png.cf025ebc558b4bed68d7551dd06ca8c4.png

These are sweethearts:

image.png.857aefdfad79d685389a6960ccbca92e.png

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

I feel the same way about the left- for the most part.  Can you tell me what you have liked coming from the right at some point?

At one time I did believe the right was good for national defense, but see now it's all really nothing more than protecting American big oil  interests in the big sandbox at the cost of thousands of American lives. I voted Republican right up to Obama. Voted for Bush Jr twice. I actually believed at one time that Republicans also supported small business, that turned out to be another huge scam and the only thing they do is supply tax giveaways to billionaires while selling trickle down economics which has done zero for middle-class working families. 

• Like 1

I watch Fox News. This morning they did a story and interview with this gold medal Olympic athlete Tamyra Mensah-Stock who loves living in  this country and is proud to represent the United States. Her patriotism and love of this country should be a model for other athletes. This is why I watch Fox News.   valoroutdoors.com https://www.foxnews.com/media/olympic-gold-medal-wrestler-god-spoke-through-m

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CharlieNY said:

I watch Fox News. This morning they did a story and interview with this gold medal Olympic athlete Tamyra Mensah-Stock who loves living in  this country and is proud to represent the United States. Her patriotism and love of this country should be a model for other athletes. This is why I watch Fox News.   valoroutdoors.com https://www.foxnews.com/media/olympic-gold-medal-wrestler-god-spoke-through-m

Lol, Fox knows its audience…

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

CNN is way further left than where its placed in the schematic.

And you are some kind of expert on the subject. I'd be willing to bet that whoever wrote this spent a lot of time and research is probably of higher intelligence than you. No disrespect intended here.

38 minutes ago, nybuckboy said:

And you are some kind of expert on the subject. I'd be willing to bet that whoever wrote this spent a lot of time and research is probably of higher intelligence than you. No disrespect intended here.

The fact that they spent every waking moment of Trumps presidency trying to discredit him , hanging on to the Russian collusion while concomitantly , refusing to cover anything pertaining. To Hunter Biden is a big clue that perhaps they’re a bit further left than they’re represented in the schematic - no disrespect intended .