Scope recommendations

gbj

Nice looking gun!  I put a Leupold 3-9x40 on my latest rifle and its been great.  Although I have a Burris Fullfield E1 4.5-14x42 that is slowly becoming one of my favorites.  The E1 reticle is sweet.  Both are well inside your price range. 

https://www.opticsplanet.com/burris-fullfield-riflescope-4-5-14-42mm.html

DBDF4912-5D2A-4C3B-A984-1C072C80027B.jpeg

Edited by johnplav

16 minutes ago, sbuff said:

Nikon ,vortex or leuopold all good choices in that price range .   As I stated on another post I'm running a 100 doller bushnell trophy that has impressed me for the money 

I had a $100 trophy on my slug gun for 20 years, that scope was fantastic. Granted I probably didnt shoot it 100 times in all those years but it took its lumps afield

45 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I had a $100 trophy on my slug gun for 20 years, that scope was fantastic. Granted I probably didnt shoot it 100 times in all those years but it took its lumps afield

Mines on a muzzleloader shooting 350gr to 460gr conicals with 70 to 100grains of blackpowder. Holds a zero perfectly. 

• Like 1

What are the ranges you hunt at? That is what more determines the power you need...Most typical NY hunting is at baseball throwing range, not needing anything very high. Woods environment, the higher the power the more distortion you will get from junk between you and the target.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Daveboone said:

What are the ranges you hunt at? That is what more determines the power you need...Most typical NY hunting is at baseball throwing range, not needing anything very high. Woods environment, the higher the power the more distortion you will get from junk between you and the target.

Two spots are 200 plus in the fields I’ve never used a 4-12 I hadn’t thought about distortion

I posted that vortex razor in another thread,  its a smoking deal. I honestly think vortex is the scope to beat over leupold now.

The above posts are right nikon is not making scopes anymore but there is plenty of new stock floating around at very very good prices .  

I'd be curious to find how many scopes go bad.  I've had one weaver in my 30 plus years of hunting