Good Spinning Fixed Blade Broadhead

Sir-diealot

17 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Ok,I stand corrected. I would let my fletching do the work for flight and the bevel for the action  part. I like the steering in the back. 

How would you sharpen a broadhead like that? seems worse than a curved flat one...

The steering is better in my opinion when it is being done on both ends. I have tried it with several vanes and really like the way the Spin Tight ones work with them. As far as sharpening them they are replaceable blades. By the way, I am looking at my reply and I may have come off rude, I am sorry if I did, it was not my intent.

14 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

I'm going to start doing my own fletching. Why Jojan over Bitzenburger?

I have never used the Bitzenburger, the gentleman who was my hunters safety instructor had taught me on his Jojan so when the opportunity came up to get one I jumped on it as I liked the ease of use and being able to do multiple arrows at a time. From what I can see of the Bitzenburger you can only do one at a time, unless they have other models that I have not seen which is altogether possible.

I could see the Bitzenburger being a big advantage on a trip though where space is at a premium. I am not sure if Jojan makes a single model. (edit, they do make a model that only does one at a time like the Bitzenburger as well)

When you do get into it make sure you ask what glue to use for the particular vane/feather you choose to use, not all glues work well with all vanes/feathers nor do you prep the arrows or vanes the same, with my spin tight vanes I had to use a different glue and if I remember right I did not clean the shaft of the bottom of the vane the same, I think I had to use rubbing alcohol for those while with others I had always used acetone to clean my arrows and my vanes but the Spin tight vanes would not stay on that way.

It is a lot of fun, you will enjoy it and it makes the hunt a more enjoyable experience knowing you set up the arrow you took your game with. If do get into it let me know, I have some arrow wraps I can send you, they are nothing special but they can make it easier to see blood on the arrow and make it easier to find you arrow, I always run a yellow wrap with two orange hen vanes and a yellow cock vane to make them easier to find.

1 hour ago, Sir-diealot said:

The steering is better in my opinion when it is being done on both ends. I have tried it with several vanes and really like the way the Spin Tight ones work with them. As far as sharpening them they are replaceable blades. By the way, I am looking at my reply and I may have come off rude, I am sorry if I did, it was not my intent.

no worries.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir-diealot said:

I have never used the Bitzenburger, the gentleman who was my hunters safety instructor had taught me on his Jojan so when the opportunity came up to get one I jumped on it as I liked the ease of use and being able to do multiple arrows at a time. From what I can see of the Bitzenburger you can only do one at a time, unless they have other models that I have not seen which is altogether possible.

I could see the Bitzenburger being a big advantage on a trip though where space is at a premium. I am not sure if Jojan makes a single model. (edit, they do make a model that only does one at a time like the Bitzenburger as well)

When you do get into it make sure you ask what glue to use for the particular vane/feather you choose to use, not all glues work well with all vanes/feathers nor do you prep the arrows or vanes the same, with my spin tight vanes I had to use a different glue and if I remember right I did not clean the shaft of the bottom of the vane the same, I think I had to use rubbing alcohol for those while with others I had always used acetone to clean my arrows and my vanes but the Spin tight vanes would not stay on that way.

It is a lot of fun, you will enjoy it and it makes the hunt a more enjoyable experience knowing you set up the arrow you took your game with. If do get into it let me know, I have some arrow wraps I can send you, they are nothing special but they can make it easier to see blood on the arrow and make it easier to find you arrow, I always run a yellow wrap with two orange hen vanes and a yellow cock vane to make them easier to find.

Thanks, very helpful! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sir-diealot said:

I am very sorry but you are both incorrect in this instance, please look into the Crimson Talon Broadheads, they are specifically designed to create spin, it is a part of the design. (not saying fletching does not help) Notice how they are designed with a bend to them, this creates additional spin. I match them with Spin Tight Vanes (No longer made under that name) which also creates spin and together they are very accurate. I had been told to use a right helical with them to make them spin even faster, but found it was not needed and to be honest I do not have the proper clamp for a right helical on my Jojan anyway, though I may buy one for the 2022 season.

Crimson Talon.jpg

IMO your vanes are only their to correct your broadhead and arrow flight ( almost like a nerf football) , I can think of a single instance where id want the front of the arrow possibly working against that. You maybe have got lucky and found something that worked though.  Proper FOC, tuned bow, Proper spine arrows. Paper tuned, walk backed tunes, Bullets every time.  These would ba an absolute disaster to sharpen also, i don't even goin into the field with factory sharpening anymore.  

• 2 weeks later...
IMO your vanes are only their to correct your broadhead and arrow flight ( almost like a nerf football) , I can think of a single instance where id want the front of the arrow possibly working against that. You maybe have got lucky and found something that worked though.  Proper FOC, tuned bow, Proper spine arrows. Paper tuned, walk backed tunes, Bullets every time.  These would ba an absolute disaster to sharpen also, i don't even goin into the field with factory sharpening anymore.  

You're welcome to your opinion.

Sent from my A574BL using Tapatalk