Do we have a Moral obligation to get the vaccine ?

5 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

The Trump vaccine has saved countless amount of lives.  @DocIm going to start calling it the Trump vaccine as well.  Well said!

if it wasn't for DT putting restrictions in place as early as he did with travel, as well as getting the Trump Vax out as soon as he did, who knows what would have happened.  Thank goodness the other side of the aisle was in charge cause we would have been in a whole worse situation.  

No arguments here!

• Like 1

On 8/7/2021 at 12:05 PM, steve863 said:

What about the guys who saved the world during WWII?   Was it just personal choice or did they think it was their moral obligation to go fight the enemy and save the world?  Lots of them never came back home and knew the possibilities before they left.  The odds were a hell of a lot worse than getting stuck with a little needle like some of you clowns are bitching and moaning about here.  It was a liberal democrat who called those boys to war, too.  I can only imagine how you pansies would act if it were you who got called up.

WOW! Because I disagree with you I'm a pansy? Big words from behind a keyboard.

I shared my opinion and you disagree with it. Your retort is name calling and referencing a completely unrelated topic and you claim to not be leftist? lmao

You said you would be willing to meet with @blackbeltbill for karate lessons....meet with me and your Kung Fu lessons will be free.  

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

WOW! Because I disagree with you I'm a pansy? Big words from behind a keyboard.

I shared my opinion and you disagree with it. Your retort is name calling and referencing a completely unrelated topic and you claim to not be leftist? lmao

You said you would be willing to meet with @blackbeltbill for karate lessons....meet with me and your Kung Fu lessons will be free.  

Maybe you and Bill can have a cage match for the forum championship.  We'll put up some billboards on Thruway. "Billy vs. Squirrelly". LOL

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Doc said:

Is it really a moral dilemma? It wasn't for me, but I do understand that there are people who do not want to be forced by government to put a material into their body. I have not yet become quite that paranoid yet. But I will not belittle those that have these kinds of concerns even though I cannot understand the resistance. 

I respect your opinion and choice for taking the vaccine.

If I was older or compromised, I'd be vaccinated already, as we know covid attacks those segment's of our society.

It's what we don't know that makes me pause and when said experts are questioned, they have no definitive answers, but are quite positive that the vaccine will do us no harm.

School vaccinations were tested and approved before mass vaccinations were administered and mandated for future generations.

They weren't given out under emergency measures, throwing caution to the wind, as would be expected, especially when dealing with children.

Now I've read that even after the second dose of any of the vaccines offered, the best efficacy rate against the Delta variant is maybe 65%, maybe.

It's a big maybe, as we don't have any viable test results to confirm the data given and don't even know how long the vaccine(s) will be effective over time to combat any other strain that may arise.

I do know that the efficacy percentage rate has been proven to be less effective with every subsequent strain that arises.

They already want to administer booster shots for variants that they don't even know about, yet are certain they'll be effective against.

Will the booster shots be mandated without testing,  because the FDA approved the previous vaccine ?

If anyone wants to be a guinea pig or not, that's their choice, not their obligation.

America, like all the other countries around the world, are just testing sites now.

It's the whole worlds moral obligation to try and find a safe vaccine and it's also the whole worlds obligation to do it in a safe manner.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Shoots100 said:

I respect your opinion and choice for taking the vaccine.

If I was older or compromised, I'd be vaccinated already, as we know covid attacks those segment's of our society.

It's what we don't know that makes me pause and when said experts are questioned, they have no definitive answers, but are quite positive that the vaccine will do us no harm.

School vaccinations were tested and approved before mass vaccinations were administered and mandated for future generations.

They weren't given out under emergency measures, throwing caution to the wind, as would be expected, especially when dealing with children.

Now I've read that even after the second dose of any of the vaccines offered, the best efficacy rate against the Delta variant is maybe 65%, maybe.

It's a big maybe, as we don't have any viable test results to confirm the data given and don't even know how long the vaccine(s) will be effective over time to combat any other strain that may arise.

I do know that the efficacy percentage rate has been proven to be less effective with every subsequent strain that arises.

They already want to administer booster shots for variants that they don't even know about, yet are certain they'll be effective against.

Will the booster shots be mandated without testing,  because the FDA approved the previous vaccine ?

If anyone wants to be a guinea pig or not, that's their choice, not their obligation.

America, like all the other countries around the world, are just testing sites now.

It's the whole worlds moral obligation to try and find a safe vaccine and it's also the whole worlds obligation to do it in a safe manner.

Well Stated !!!

Found a great article which appears to refute the Narrative that getting the vaxx produces superior immunity than natural/aquired immunity and that furthermore, vaxxed people are no longer vectors- it appears they still are. Enough wth the public shaming nonsense and the faux virtue signalling!!  This issue isa far more complicated than that and cannot (and should not) be reduced to the following overly simplistic and absurd schema : vaxxed people are virtuous , selfless and knowledgeable vs unvaxxed are mistrusting, paranoid selfish and ignorant- please!!!! 

A couple of memorable quotes from this document:

"Unfortunately, virologists say no commonly-used test can detect with certainty whether a person is immune. A common misconception is that antibody tests can make that determination. But experts say immunity after infection or exposure often comes without a person producing or maintaining measurable antibodies."

"Because of that reality, people who have had asymptomatic infections — infections where they suffered no symptoms -- have no easy way to know that they're immune. However, a growing body of evidence indicates that the millions who know they got Covid can be assured they’re unlikely to suffer reinfection, for at least as long of a time period that scientists have been able to measure. Possibly far beyond."

"While it's impossible to know whether that's the case, public health officials are grappling with the reality of an increasing number of fully-vaccinated Americans coming down with Covid-19 infections, getting hospitalized, and even dying of Covid. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) insists vaccination is still the best course for every eligible American. But many are asking if they have better immunity after they're infected with the virus and recover, than if they’re vaccinated.

Increasingly, the answer within the data appears to be ”yes.”"

check out the article here:

https://sharylattkisson.com/2021/08/covid-19-natural-immunity-compared-to-vaccine-induced-immunity-the-definitive-summary/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

Found a great article which appears to refute the Narrative that getting the vaxx produces superior immunity than natural/aquired immunity and that furthermore, vaxxed people are no longer vectors- it appears they still are. Enough wth the public shaming nonsense and the faux virtue signalling!!  This issue isa far more complicated than that and cannot (and should not) be reduced to the following overly simplistic and absurd schema : vaxxed people are virtuous , selfless and knowledgeable vs unvaxxed are mistrusting, paranoid selfish and ignorant- please!!!! 

A couple of memorable quotes from this document:

"Unfortunately, virologists say no commonly-used test can detect with certainty whether a person is immune. A common misconception is that antibody tests can make that determination. But experts say immunity after infection or exposure often comes without a person producing or maintaining measurable antibodies."

"Because of that reality, people who have had asymptomatic infections — infections where they suffered no symptoms -- have no easy way to know that they're immune. However, a growing body of evidence indicates that the millions who know they got Covid can be assured they’re unlikely to suffer reinfection, for at least as long of a time period that scientists have been able to measure. Possibly far beyond."

"While it's impossible to know whether that's the case, public health officials are grappling with the reality of an increasing number of fully-vaccinated Americans coming down with Covid-19 infections, getting hospitalized, and even dying of Covid. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) insists vaccination is still the best course for every eligible American. But many are asking if they have better immunity after they're infected with the virus and recover, than if they’re vaccinated.

Increasingly, the answer within the data appears to be ”yes.”"

check out the article here:

https://sharylattkisson.com/2021/08/covid-19-natural-immunity-compared-to-vaccine-induced-immunity-the-definitive-summary/

Animals get covid19 which means you could vax whole earth and it will still be around . Vax is good is helpful. thing to control it anyway .