400 yard cast

First-light

So my brother on L.I. is a surf rat. This is his rig. Guy pulls up next to him and has a drone that will drop bait at 400 yards off shore. 
I don't love the idea but wow aint that something. 
2064535663_IMG_7217copy.thumb.jpg.8e15dfa2e104ba5cec74bee67b2efee0.jpg

Smith point or gin beach ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Democrat point. These guys were the only ones catching fish.

Ah I didn’t know you could drive at Democrat. I was supposed to be headed to montauk today but my son is sick so that’s not happening any more

9 hours ago, Chef said:

Ah I didn’t know you could drive at Democrat. I was supposed to be headed to montauk today but my son is sick so that’s not happening any more

Sorry about that. Yes Demo opened up a week ago after the last Piper Plover nest was gone. Damn birds. Montauk awesome out there!

2 minutes ago, virgil said:

My brother uses a drone to fish. But, he’s quadriplegic and it’s the only he can fish. When I first saw this thread, I thought it was him. He’s been crushing porgies on the north shore this past week. 

That is awesome. Good for him. What beaches I'll keep an eye out for him. 

Sorry about that. Yes Demo opened up a week ago after the last Piper Plover nest was gone. Damn birds. Montauk awesome out there!

Thanks man… fever broke, not covid confirmed with 3 tests lol. I’ll be heading out in the AM can’t wait to get on some rocks and catch some fish

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chef said:

Thanks man… fever broke, not covid confirmed with 3 tests lol. I’ll be heading out in the AM can’t wait to get on some rocks and catch some fish

You know in front of the light house is closed? That is the last info I heard. Army cor of engineers putting in more rocks. Please check it out but that is what all i know. 

You know in front of the light house is closed? That is the last info I heard. Army cor of engineers putting in more rocks. Please check it out but that is what all i know. 

Yea but I can still go to ditch or just down to the right….. if I have to gin, or even the town beaches

400 yard horizontal cast  ??... Cool concept, but it seems like it would pretty difficult to maintain contact with your bait/lure, especially  with all of the currents involved fishing from the beach....

I have successfully fished at  300 feet vertically for halibut in Alaska and cod/haddock/pollock in the Atlantic, but that is a different  scenario...

On 8/9/2021 at 4:41 PM, Pygmy said:

400 yard horizontal cast  ??... Cool concept, but it seems like it would pretty difficult to maintain contact with your bait/lure, especially  with all of the currents involved fishing from the beach....

I have successfully fished at  300 feet vertically for halibut in Alaska and cod/haddock/pollock in the Atlantic, but that is a different  scenario...

I agree maybe he was exaggerating a bit but he said it was pretty far out. No matter cool concept. 

• Like 1