@ The Golf Course this morning (Guilderland NY)

sherlockgael

I've worked in Guilderland for 35 years, and have seen some monster bucks in that time! I lucked out, and picked up a good sized private hunting parcel in the western Pine Bush last year. And almost shot the biggest buck of my life. WMU 4-J is a bow only zone. So the bucks get what they need most to grow big and old......age.

3 minutes ago, sbuff said:

That stretch off rt155 by the elementary school holds some wall hangers. 

You mean the Middle School?? I have seen some HUGE bucks behind there! But no access....

Also RT.20 going west, to Rt. 158. Is a good stretch to catch site of a huge buck now and then. But it's not easy hunting!! The ticks will carry you away. And good access is so hard to find. Also these huge bucks get to know where they are safe. As they frequently bed in someone's backyard, behind the shed. 

It really would not surprise me to have a NYS record buck living, and dieing of old age in WMU 4-J.

5 hours ago, grampy said:

I've worked in Guilderland for 35 years, and have seen some monster bucks in that time! I lucked out, and picked up a good sized private hunting parcel in the western Pine Bush last year. And almost shot the biggest buck of my life. WMU 4-J is a bow only zone. So the bucks get what they need most to grow big and old......age.

I still do not understand why no Crossbow ?

5 hours ago, grampy said:

You mean the Middle School?? I have seen some HUGE bucks behind there! But no access....

Also RT.20 going west, to Rt. 158. Is a good stretch to catch site of a huge buck now and then. But it's not easy hunting!! The ticks will carry you away. And good access is so hard to find. Also these huge bucks get to know where they are safe. As they frequently bed in someone's backyard, behind the shed. 

It really would not surprise me to have a NYS record buck living, and dieing of old age in WMU 4-J.

Your right middle school.

I never could figure out why no Xbow in 4j either.  I'd buy one tomorrow for behind the house 

Edited by sbuff
  • Like 1