Stealth cam fusion, or spy point.

Local place I'm not supposed to shop has stealth cam cell for $129.

Was not impressed with the quality of the compressed pics of the one I have. Have they upgraded???

I see Cabela's has a twin pack of spy point link  for $149. Seriously thinking about getting them.

I'd get the tactacam reveal x to go with my 2 original reveals, but obviously there out of stock.

Are the spy points as good? 

Edited by mowin

• mowin changed the title to Stealth cam fusion, or spy point.

Between myself and a buddy we run 10+.over three different properties and they have their ups and downs... but my overall assessment is you get what you pay for. I just grabbed 3 more from cabelas last week and paid around 88 a cam after taxes. They were on sale and Cabela's was running a 10% off deal as well. Pics that come through are fuzzy and you can pay to upgrade the pic to HD and those aren't much better. The HD pics did help Id a jake vs. Hen in the spring...but that's about it.
Overall I like them and for the price point I usually grab them at I can't complain.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Between myself and a buddy we run 10+.over three different properties and they have their ups and downs... but my overall assessment is you get what you pay for. I just grabbed 3 more from cabelas last week and paid around 88 a cam after taxes. They were on sale and Cabela's was running a 10% off deal as well. Pics that come through are fuzzy and you can pay to upgrade the pic to HD and those aren't much better. The HD pics did help Id a jake vs. Hen in the spring...but that's about it.
Overall I like them and for the price point I usually grab them at I can't complain.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

You didn't say which ones you have.

I like my spypoint it takes decent pics. The only downside to a spypoint is if you're running more than one spypoint camera you have to have an individual service plan per camera.  You get 100 free pictures each month.

Screenshot_20210808-225437.png

100 free.pics a month ?? Well I guess ill.stay with my sd card cams... can get that in a few hours on several.cams.. most.average 500 to 800 photos a week..  x 26 cams = me with no $$ .. 

Edited by G-Man

10 minutes ago, G-Man said:

100 free.pics a month ?? Well I guess ill.stay with my sd card cams... can get that in a few hours on several.cams.. most.average 500 to 800 photos a week..  x 26 cams = me with no $$ .. 

26 cams would get expensive. I only pay for the data plan from September- December. After that they operate as a regular SD cam. 

I've got several spots that are tuff getting to without blowing the area out that cell cams are perfect for. Other spots get a non cell cam as there easy to get to. 

Slightly off topic ,I have 2 different moultrie cell cams running in the back yard right now while I tweak the settings before putting them in the woods. So far they both send pictures ,I feel the trigger speed is a bit quick though ,most times i walk past it I'm hardly in frame yet and I've gotten a few pics now of just the yard and not what triggered it.

Edited by Jeremy K

23 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Well ya ,if you live where you hunt theres no reason for cell cams . 

7 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Slightly off topic ,I have 2 different moultrie cell cams running in the back yard right now while I tweak the settings before putting them in the woods. So far they both send pictures ,I feel the trigger speed is a bit quick though ,most times i walk past it I'm hardly in frame yet and I've gotten a few pics now of just the yard and not what triggered it.

Angle the camera more so it's less perpendicular to the area you are monitoring. Or place small 1/16-1/8"  electrical tape on each side of sensor. The sensing is wider than FOV when matched with the trigger speed - prime example of why trigger speed claims don't mean much without a matched sensing capability and FOV.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, mowin said:

26 cams would get expensive. I only pay for the data plan from September- December. After that they operate as a regular SD cam. 

I've got several spots that are tuff getting to without blowing the area out that cell cams are perfect for. Other spots get a non cell cam as there easy to get to. 

I only keep my cameras.in easy access areas.. learned long time ago to stay outnof sanctuaries,  think spots and any place I would leave scent.. my only.interest is to see what is around area.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

is there a burst mode? i leave all my cams (cell and non) on 3-shot burst.

17 minutes ago, phade said:

Angle the camera more so it's less perpendicular to the area you are monitoring. Or place small 1/16-1/8"  electrical tape on each side of sensor. The sensing is wider than FOV when matched with the trigger speed - prime example of why trigger speed claims don't mean much without a matched sensing capability and FOV.

Thank you!!

2 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

Curious, how clear are the pics that are sent to your phone? 

53 minutes ago, mowin said:

Curious, how clear are the pics that are sent to your phone? 

The pics are not bad ,if you want to get a high resolution picture of it you click high resolution for what ever picture and it sends the high resolution picture to where you check the pics. 

Delta is having MAJOR issues.

So much so, I haven't paid for my plan in two months....they've been crediting me.

They're having serious firmware issues. It's why your photo looks like some preteen got ahold of it in editing mode and moved adjustments to one end of the range.

Cams were whiting out, and now nearly black images. They haven't been able to get it right.

Edited by phade