Ladder Stand Question

Lawdwaz

8 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Funny thing, I just went online and they don't even show them.  Nice........

I sorely miss Dick & Jim Cabela.

Edit to add: I "Googled" that specific stand and found it but it's not available online and they don't even give a price.   If you search Their website for "ladder stands" the show 8 stands, none of which is this one.  Oh well!

do you get a member discount for these? https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/game-winner-18-full-platform-ladder-stand?gmc_feed=t&campid=71700000060361508&adgroupid=58700005480594783&device=c&keyword=92700057665728865&Channel=pla&gclid=CjwKCAjwsNiIBhBdEiwAJK4khlfj160VyWJXhXyIaXzmShiExMaQds8EJAlLZfZPVR034oOpoDOCfhoCpCEQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds#repChildCatid=16842527&ogmap=SEM|PLN|GOOG|SHOP|c|OUT||NonBrand-Shopping-OOM-Outdoor|Outdoor-Hunting||71700000060361508|58700005480594783

10 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Edit to add: I "Googled" that specific stand and found it but it's not available online and they don't even give a price.   If you search Their website for "ladder stands" the show 8 stands, none of which is this one.  Oh well!

Well that really stinks!!! I was going to go online tonight to order one or two!!! Seems like a lot of ladder stands are not in stock these days!! At a time when most want to purchase, and get them out in the woods. What gives?? Another Covid manufacturing casualty??

11 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

I have noticed lately, that just about everything I search for on Cabela's site says not available only to see the item in the store the next time I'm there. I don't get it.

I have noticed lately, that just about everything I search for on Cabela's site says not available only to see the item in the store the next time I'm there. I don't get it.
The last one I bought was from Homedepot.Com. Free shipping, pick up in store. Which is better, ladder stands shipped to your house are often damaged or missing parts because the box was wrecked in transit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, grampy said:

Well that really stinks!!! I was going to go online tonight to order one or two!!! Seems like a lot of ladder stands are not in stock these days!! At a time when most want to purchase, and get them out in the woods. What gives?? Another Covid manufacturing casualty??

I've been noticing a lot of store shelves empty again of various products. 

2 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

1/2 picture? looks fine on my end both on Tapatalk and the computer. The other 1/2 isn't a nude picture is it? I gotta be more careful if it is! 

Yeah it's been showing on my computer and phone as 1/2 a picture.  Weird. It's only yours.  Maybe it's just on my end.....this is what see....

Screenshot_20210813-131032.png

Edited by Robhuntandfish

I think a lot of goods made of steel that ship from China are harder to come by now.  In the past I could usually find good quality, sturdy treestands on sale for $125 - $140.  I find that beside the recommended tools for assembly a big hammer is often helpful!  They package the parts well but the directions are not perfect neither is the welding.

I use the cheapo ones with basic metal seat, no rails and a platform the size of a stamp - but I am also a ballerina so your mileage may vary.

It’s funny you say this I prefer them as well and actually find them to be the most stable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

I picked up the new stand at the Sportsman's Warehouse in Rochester this morning. 

Nice store.......too bad they can't bulldoze our local Cabela's Cooler store and build one here.  :)

Oh well, one more year with a tape measure and the PA chest girth chart.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

I picked up the new stand at the Sportsman's Warehouse in Rochester this morning. 

Nice store.......too bad they can't bulldoze our local Cabela's Cooler store and build one here.  :)

We all know bass  pro bought cabelas  they are also in the process of buying Sportsman’s warehouse . Its funny to me how one carry’s crap while the others are still a decent out door store . https://sportingclassicsdaily.com/bass-pro-parent-acquires-sportsmans-warehouse/

Wife and I made trip to bass pro in Auburn Saturday and I picked up 4 ladder stands  Big game hunter 1.5 HD , they are rated for 350lbs and bass pro had them for $159 each with pretty good online reviews ( online doesn’t even say they have them in stock but they had 25 or so stacked up in the store ) One just doesn't  find a ladder stand rated for 350 lbs with large platform seat etc .  at that price. I’m 280 so when fully dressed and full gear Im close to the 300 lb rating  on standard stands  , I ike a bit more wiggle room on my weight rating. Plus I don’t have moogs ballerina skills ^_^.. 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, rob-c said:

We all know bass  pro bought cabelas  they are also in the process of buying Sportsman’s warehouse . Its funny to me how one carry’s crap while the others are still a decent out door store . https://sportingclassicsdaily.com/bass-pro-parent-acquires-sportsmans-warehouse/

Boy that burst my bubble. 

Coolers for ALL!!!!