Afghanistan falls in a week, WTH?

We've had 4 presidencies for 20 years spending billions to train and outfit the Afgan army with the finest of American made weaponry to keep the Taliban from wreaking havoc on the region. This is not to mention 2200 young Americans who died for the cause. Now it's been only 5 days since our withdrawal and all is lost...already???

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

We've had 4 presidencies for 20 years spending billions to train and outfit the Afgan army with the finest of American made weaponry to keep the Taliban from wreaking havoc on the region. This is not to mention 2200 young Americans who died for the cause. Now it's been only 5 days since our withdrawal and all is lost...already???

Sadly. You cannot buy will. After listening to interviews over the last few days of some women from the region (the ones that most likely ill suffer the most under taliban rule), I just shake my head.

How can u be a man with a mother and or sisters, cousins and friends and walk away from your post ?

A different mentality I guess. I cannot wrap my mind around it anymore than I can some of our own far lefts..

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ncountry said:

Sadly. You cannot buy will. After listening to interviews over the last few days of some women from the region (the ones that most likely ill suffer the most under taliban rule), I just shake my head.

How can u be a man with a mother and or sisters, cousins and friends and walk away from your post ?

A different mentality I guess. I cannot wrap my mind around it anymore than I can some of our own far lefts..

They will be fighting  each other within weeks anyway watch .

8 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

I understand China is ready to RECOGNIZE  the Taliban led Government .

This is not good people...

If that is true ,history has taught us that the United states will fund an opposition force to over throw the government and china will back the afghan army . The citizens suffer. 

25 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

I understand China is ready to RECOGNIZE  the Taliban led Government .

This is not good people...

Trump beat them to it. 

His administration signed a treaty with them setting the timeline for the withdrawal. Look up the Doha Agreement signed in 2020. That agreement also included the release of 5000 Taliban prisoners who are now probably giggling on their march to Kabul. 

10 minutes ago, cachemoney said:

Trump beat them to it. 

His administration signed a treaty with them setting the timeline for the withdrawal. Look up the Doha Agreement signed in 2020. That agreement also included the release of 5000 Taliban prisoners who are now probably giggling on their march to Kabul. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-51689443

2 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

I have written before that,I Believed that Biden " would Hesitate" on the World Stage.

Biden should have acted.

Trump would have struck a Jaw Breaking Blow early.

Someone gave the Taliban the green light to go in . Was it china?

6 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I just caught up to Biden's statement. Looks like Kamala can stay home and get her nails done. Biden says it's all Trump's fault. Case closed.

Of course , all the outlets I'm reading are saying biden had the opportunity to do something and didnt.  Sound like a hillary move. 

14 minutes ago, cachemoney said:

What should Biden have done ? 

He could have appointed people to assess the situation ,they could have easily seen if they were supplied and capable of doing the job. This is just the tip of the iceberg, I cant wait for the truth to start rolling out.

• Like 1

Just now, ANTLERS said:

The pentagon is busy dealing with our biggest threat to national security right now….White supremacy. They don’t have time for the Taliban.

DHS just rolled out their concerns for terrorists threats , anti vaxxers, people who say trump won was number 2.

• Like 1

I have a feeling based off the thread comments that my take on this won’t be popular, but maybe we should let Afghanistan worry about Afghanistan.  Instead of the US supporting them militarily and financially for the last 20 years, maybe they can do it themselves.  I know that might sound crazy. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

I have a feeling based off the thread comments that my take on this won’t be popular, but maybe we should let Afghanistan worry about Afghanistan.  Instead of the US supporting them militarily and financially for the last 20 years, maybe they can do it themselves.  I know that might sound crazy. 

Let's cut aid to everyone who should be able to help themselves. 

• Like 3