what rechargeable batteries are you using for your cams?

Geno C

So I run all Spartan Chosts or GOlives and decided to go with rechargeable batteries for all of my cams. I went with power owls from amazon and they claimed 1.2v / 2800mAh.

needless to say, on a full charge the cams do not show barley half charge. Im going to return these... anyone with a ghost cam or go live running a rechargeable ? and what are you running?

or what are you guys using in general?

thanks!

We have been using Panasonic Eneloop 2100 cycle AA batteries for years on both regular trail cams and recently on Tactacam Reveal cellular cams. We have had very good results with them including in freezing and even sub zero temperatures. They hold a charge very well and last a long time. Pic is from just this morning.         valoroutdoors.com 

f7249d0f-a759-4a8b-a847-d2ab4166c322.jpg

Edited by CharlieNY
Add

23 hours ago, CharlieNY said:

We have been using Panasonic Eneloop 2100 cycle AA batteries for years on both regular trail cams and recently on Tactacam Reveal cellular cams. We have had very good results with them including in freezing and even sub zero temperatures. They hold a charge very well and last a long time. Pic is from just this morning.         valoroutdoors.com 

f7249d0f-a759-4a8b-a847-d2ab4166c322.jpg

good to know, Ill look into those ones... These powerowls which had great reviews dont even make any of my spartan cams show full battery after a full charge. its crazy

2 hours ago, Geno C said:

good to know, Ill look into those ones... These powerowls which had great reviews dont even make any of my spartan cams show full battery after a full charge. its crazy

It’s not crazy, it’s voltage. 1.2 vs 1.5.

13 minutes ago, suburbanfarmer said:

I use the Energizer ultimate Lithium and they last 1 full yr but i dont have a high deer population, through out the yr at most 3500 pics

That's what I've been buying ,if you shop around online you can get them around 75 cents a battery . At least you could before the world got flipped inside out.

• Like 1