Tacatacam Reveal X?

dbHunterNY

They're a hot commodity right now. I saw them sell for 180 on AT . I have one on the way that phade had left.
Different shop owners I know didn't have any I stock and no idea when any would show. I mean any cell cams. I was going to message him but by chance stumbled upon these.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

Different shop owners I know didn't have any I stock and no idea when any would show. I mean any cell cams. I was going to message him but by chance stumbled upon these.

Moultrie has all kinds of the new delta in stock for good reason. I just messed with one for the last week and couldnt get it to do much. When I heard phade also wasnt impressed I decided to send it back ,their customer service is worse then the camera. This reveal is supposed to be really good from all the reviews .

Moultrie has all kinds of the new delta in stock for good reason. I just messed with one for the last week and couldnt get it to do much. When I heard phade also wasnt impressed I decided to send it back ,their customer service is worse then the camera. This reveal is supposed to be really good from all the reviews .
My cousin had Moultrie cams and was suggesting I get them but that was the 6000 or 7000 model of some kind. Hopefully there's no issues otherwise I could see customer service having a hard time accommodating me due to parts and what not. We'll see once I get them fired up. Heard only good things though.

I just got mine in the mail this morning , 5ish minutes later i had it set up and working. it's in the back yard now taking pics of the dog or myself while outside . Already more impressed then the moultrie unit. 
What plan did you go with? Thinking of just doing to unlimited pro for both cams. Monthly or yearly I'm not sure. 500 pictures in a month per camera isn't much for the next plan down isn't much. I was thinking we could just add them to our Verizon call phone plan we have already but seems to be separate.

I have 8 Tactacam Reveals (3 Gen 1 and 5 X's) and like them. Not thrilled about the cost of the plans, but usually only have plans on 4 of them at a time ($). I just use the others as regular/non-cell trail cams. I have a few old Browning cams that are ready to be put down, so I would like to add another 2 X's to the collection before season. The Verizons are next to impossible to find though.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

What plan did you go with? Thinking of just doing to unlimited pro for both cams. Monthly or yearly I'm not sure. 500 pictures in a month per camera isn't much for the next plan down isn't much. I was thinking we could just add them to our Verizon call phone plan we have already but seems to be separate.

Yeah, I initially bought the same as my phone plan provider thinking that I would simply tie it into my phone bill but it's totally independent. That's actually a good thing as you can go with AT&T or Verizon based on reception in the spot you're scouting. It does seem like Tactacam reports issues with Verizon fairly regularly and never with AT&T. 

44 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

I went with the unlimited ,it would take me 3 years to come close to 500 pics . I just figured for the 3 months it's not that big of a difference. 

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 2

Yeah, I initially bought the same as my phone plan provider thinking that I would simply tie it into my phone bill but it's totally independent. That's actually a good thing as you can go with AT&T or Verizon based on reception in the spot you're scouting. It does seem like Tactacam reports issues with Verizon fairly regularly and never with AT&T. 
I'll be bringing these out to KY but around here we're pretty good with Verizon. Cell tower on our farm here so there's plenty of signal strength for either.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, suburbanfarmer said:

If you find any, the demand is insane.

Although the next version is coming out soon that is supposed to send vids

damn reveal x was new for 2021. lol i don't think i'd want to send video so there no disappoint there. i don't really use video much at all either.