Bee allergy

Chef

Wow is an understatement and allergic reactions are no joke. Chef glad your ok and here to recount the experience.

My son(7) has a severe reaction to peanuts, treeenuts and eggs. He went into a anaohylactic shock when he was 3 and it was insane.....we stuck him with his epi after he lost conscienceness and it brought him around pretty quick. EPI'S ARE LIVE SAVING MEDINCE.....and even if they cost 300-400.00 they are worth every penny when needed.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Wow is an understatement and allergic reactions are no joke. Chef glad your ok and here to recount the experience.

My son(7) has a severe reaction to peanuts, treeenuts and eggs. He went into a anaohylactic shock when he was 3 and it was insane.....we stuck him with his epi after he lost conscienceness and it brought him around pretty quick. EPI'S ARE LIVE SAVING MEDINCE.....and even if they cost 300-400.00 they are worth every penny when needed.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Wow that’s crazy glad to hear your son was OK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

So glad to hear that you came through this terrible ordeal. The months of August and September are the 2 worst months for hornet and wasp stings as they become very aggressive this time of year. You need to be on the lookout for them this time of the year and avoid disturbing them. I have run over ground nests in the past with the lawnmower and have been attacked. A couple of days ago I had to deal with a yellow jacket ground nest in my front lawn and a nest in my basement. Be observant and be careful. If you get stung be sure to have someone stay with you as a reaction can be delayed. Wishing you a speedy and full recovery. There is a similar thread here about this subject.       valoroutdoors.com

https://huntingny.com/forums/topic/92055-friendly-end-of-summer-bee-reminder/

Edited by CharlieNY

Get a few epi pens and keep them everywhere, I used to be allergic to bees as well ( the sting is 10 times worse than the shot even before the reaction). I got stubborn over the years and have been stung multiple times sense and waited to see if i had a reaction before epi and nothing. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Why would dish soap be so lethal on bees/wasps?

Seems to be fairly safe for humans……lol

From what I've heard (on the internet ... LOL) bees/wasps are covered in a waxy substance which allows the rain to not bother them . The soap washes that off and they try to breathe and supposedly drown !

• Like 1