Any shortages holding you up ?

Nomad

47 minutes ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

You mean like the trillions in tax giveaways to corporations that never did trickle down. I'd much rather see money going to the people to keep local economies alive. But I'm pretty sure the ones who complained about stimulus the most sent those checks right back to to where they came from, yup I'm certain, LMAO!

I never received any stimulus but think the whole concept was flawed.   I am not one of those that sticks with only one party view, but I do think that stimulus payments cost the country way too much and did very little to really help any individual.  It was not really the boost needed for those in need, but still resulted in way too much in additional national debt that our kids will be paying for.  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, phade said:

I have shortages of talented people who want to work.

It is so ridiculous what we are seeing right now..   entry level manufacturing resources demanding sign on bonuses...   people leaving for 40% increases....   it is maddening..

Edited by Wildcat
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

It is so ridiculous what we are seeing right now..   entry level manufacturing resources demanding sign n bonuses...   people leaving for 40% increases....   it is maddening..

I've seen some CRAZY stuff in the past two weeks and it feels and looks like just the beginning of a wave.

Entry, mid, and high level all seem to be in play here. Wage escalations, increased transactions.

Those in jobs are changing jobs at a fast pace - I have extremely unique insight into this on a national level. My team transacts benefits for a very large number of employers across the country. Employees are moving company to company at a rate I have never seen before - and I have been leading that for a large company for 7 years now.

The term being used on multiple levels, is the Great Resignation.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, phade said:

I've seen some CRAZY stuff in the past two weeks and it feels and looks like just the beginning of a wave.

Entry, mid, and high level all seem to be in play here. Wage escalations, increased transactions.

Those in jobs are changing jobs at a fast pace - I have extremely unique insight into this on a national level. My team transacts benefits for a very large number of employers across the country. Employees are moving company to company at a rate I have never seen before - and I have been leading that for a large company for 7 years now.

When there is a down turn, who are going to be the first let go? The ones that are over priced for their skill set and experience and the ones that showed no loyalty.  I'm seeing kids resumes that are 4 years out of college and with 4 to 6 employers on their resumes. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I never received any stimulus but think the whole concept was flawed.   I am not one of those that sticks with only one party view, but I do think that stimulus payments cost the country way too much and did very little to really help any individual.  It was not really the boost needed for those in need, but still resulted in way too much in additional national debt that our kids will be paying for.  

+1 and agree 100%

33 minutes ago, phade said:

Yup, and also different perks now. If someone wants WFH and their company won't offer, but another will, they may take a lateral move to get it. For most commuters to NYC, it's roughly $5K/year between train/parking not even counting all the time saved and better home life.

• Like 1

Yup, and also different perks now. If someone wants WFH and their company won't offer, but another will, they may take a lateral move to get it. For most commuters to NYC, it's roughly $5K/year between train/parking not even counting all the time saved and better home life.

I have never worked from home and I have never had to work in NYC but I could see myself making a lateral move if that meant I could work from home and I didn’t have to deal with the commute into the City.

In that case it wouldn’t be about the money it would be about quality of life adjustment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

So our daughter previously said her hospital was down 400 nurses, she’s here now . It seems they’re hemorrhaging nurses, the ICU and EDs are way down , as they all leave to become travel nurses . In those units a travel nurse gets $100 and hour almost 3x what the hospital pays its own nurses.

You work next to a “ travel “ nurse from Buffalo an hour and change away that’s making 3x your pay , so you become one and travel to Buffalo or Syracuse, or a hospital across town ,it’s one vicious circle .

20 left her ED in one day ! She heard another major hospital here has a PT to nurse ratio in their ED of 35 : 1  

Edited by Nomad
  • Thanks 1

What the hell happened in the last 18 months that cause everyone to lose the drive to work a job. I keep hearing it was the stimulus checks ,were they like 2 grand or something? If 2 grand changed your life that much ,you weren't doing well in the first place.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

I have never worked from home and I have never had to work in NYC but I could see myself making a lateral move if that meant I could work from home and I didn’t have to deal with the commute into the City.

In that case it wouldn’t be about the money it would be about quality of life adjustment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea man. I went from leaving at 7am and coming home at 7pm (on a good day) to walking 17 steps down the hall. Walking around Bryant Park midday was nice, but swimming with my daughter in the backyard instead is way better.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

What the hell happened in the last 18 months that cause everyone to lose the drive to work a job. I keep hearing it was the stimulus checks ,were they like 2 grand or something? If 2 grand changed your life that much ,you weren't doing well in the first place.

It’s fascinating how the pandemic has empowered the wage worker. This won’t benefit the consumer directly, especially until a new equilibrium is reached. But I hope some of the changes are enduring. 

I think for a lot of people my age (let's just say sixties) wages have been stagnant while retirement funds have gone through the roof over the last decade.  Nice for me but I feel bad for the young couple just starting out.  If wage increases don't cover inflation, you will have tough times.  Especially if your family is growing.  It goes in cycles.

Working in the automotive field, there is a big shortage of parts, and vehicles. 

Personally,  my wife, and I held off on exterior home improvements due to the cost of supplies, and availability. 

With the lack of available ammo, target practice will be less this year.

Everytime we go grocery shopping seem to always be out of something. 

Bidenomics seems to really be doing a great job.

No shortages affecting my life. This would be a great time to try to move towards more localized economy that keeps money moving in the communities instead of giving it to big corporations or other countries. Small is beautiful indeed. 

That would take a major shift in people's spending habits and of course it would face huge opposition from all the big companies,kind of like the tobacco industry downplaying cigarettes effects.

Walmart would not support that I think,not much for local goods there or even American made stuff.

But worry not, none of this will happen because people will protect their profits!

1 hour ago, jperch said:

Nice for me but I feel bad for the young couple just starting out.  If wage increases don't cover inflation, you will have tough times. 

Idk my two are killing it . The nurse was just here , she made level three, which is a 5% bump on top,of a yearly increase . She puts 20% of her pay into her 401, which also has some sort of match , on top of that she has other mutual funds, being young she can go aggressive. Her fiancé is a Union tradesman , pension, plus they put 10% into an annuity, and he invests on the side as well .

Our CPA is also an aggressive investor , I believe she’s doing well , last summer she hit five western states , last May Puerto Rico, last,week Maine and next month she’s going to Greece .

She wants to buy a house but I told her to wait ,once the housing bubble bursts ,and the economy tanks and they loose a job ,all those who bought over priced houses, based on those temporarily inflated wages , she’ll get one for a song .

It's crazy getting materials or goods !
I just heard their will be a turkey "shortage" for Thanksgiving this year, I 'm sure the coolers will be empty by this weekend as we all stock up !!
Diesel up over a dollar in just one year and the White House tells us the economy is great and the Dow is setting records.....
Good luck !! 

This is very real

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Just being where I am, WFH is a $3K per yea replay for me, plus the time savings.

It is bananas right now.

• Like 1