Hunting license you think it makes a difference when you get it early-season late-season for Doe permits

phantom

27 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

I don't think it does. I've bought my tags the first day all the way to the day before they stop selling them and it's always hit or miss for me to get my 7p tag.  

7p is a interesting tag for me .  I never Get one at the counter when getting my license . I always pick 4 and 7p for the wma  but 7p always shows up in the mail later when I do get it  . Not every season but probably 50 percent of the time .   I would think your chances are better while there’s more tags available earlier during license sales .

• Like 1

I think your odds of getting dmp's are exactly even from the day they go on sale, thru the end of September.  During October, they do some math and figure out how many leftovers to hand out, beginning November 1st.  At that time, they go on a first come, first served basis.  

There is no advantage to early dmp acquisition in August, but there is in November.

When going back for those extra dmp's in November, there is no additional $10 charge, but I always try to make a $10 donation towards the venison for the hungry program.  

The guy at the counter at Walmart couldn't figure out how to do that for me last year, but the girl there last week was able to when I got my first two wmu 9f dmp's.  

4 hours ago, phade said:

No, the math probability remains the same. Doesn’t matter first or last day while DMPs are open.

I agree with this. 4-H is a hard one to get, and most years you'll need PP's. But I have gotten lucky early and late August. Will be going for my tags this weekend. Wish me luck!!!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

DEC says it doesn't. But if I were in a low issue DMU I would grab mine early because I just can't see how an area with few DMPs would have many left by end of Sept. I'm in 3m which gives permits to anyone and get two every year even the last day

Last two yrs only 200 DMP's were available for 4U. I got my license early and was denied. Middle of October I received a DMP in the mail with a note saying I still get the preference point. That happen two yrs in a row.  Just bought my license yesterday and since I had 2 preference points I got a DMP for 4U. They did up the total to 350 this year. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Whitetailhobo said:

7p is a interesting tag for me .  I never Get one at the counter when getting my license . I always pick 4 and 7p for the wma  but 7p always shows up in the mail later when I do get it  . Not every season but probably 50 percent of the time .   I would think your chances are better while there’s more tags available earlier during license sales .

Yea I have received 2 or 3 in the mail before.  

Yah, Dec says it don't matter, i have a real strange feeling it does. If you have high/high odds and a ridiculous amount of people get that zone, the tags will be gone sooner even under a lottery system. I now always get mine early and have no issues.