Carrying A Chainsaw On An ATV ??

What’s your preferred method for carrying a chainsaw on your four wheeler?

I have always just used buggies but that isn’t always possible with other stuff strapped on the back.   I have a front bag that I don’t feel like crushing just yet……

I pretty much do the same.  I have the gun holder mounts on the front rack.  The style with the split fork, and bungee that is all integrated together….I place the bar of the saw through that, and I have a bungee net that goes over it all.  

7E5140D8-90D8-4913-8A8C-08C8A050E843.jpeg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

What’s your preferred method for carrying a chainsaw on your four wheeler?

I have always just used buggies but that isn’t always possible with other stuff strapped on the back.   I have a front bag that I don’t feel like crushing just yet……

My dad made a wooden box with a couple small compartments outlining the large space and they really are the cat’s meow. Ill take a pic of it next time. He also has a mount for an axe on the front of the box. Easy carrying a chainsaw. It’s painted and everything.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/27/2021 at 8:18 PM, Lawdwaz said:

I don't have a gun rack yet.  Do you have any pics of how you "put it on the gun rack"?

Maybe you meant "put it in the gun rack"?

I'll take a couple pics tonight, it may be what you are looking for. I have a double gun rack attached to it. Similar to Zag, but just a flat board I cut to fit my Rancher. I then bungee my saw or whatever i am using to the eye bolts I put in each corner.  

On 9/29/2021 at 8:41 PM, SilentStalker said:

Here’s mine, simple but allows me to carry multiple things, not just a saw. 

I tried to get a pick, but those are u-bolts. They don’t really get in the way of you place them right. 

3BB93156-6080-45F1-A068-48557BC35C6C.jpeg

38FB82B4-EFE8-4178-88B8-8EC870B16200.jpeg

E2DBF0C1-B7AF-4EEA-9C2E-D162D08A1047.jpeg

That's not too shabby.......I'd have to rig a set up like that for the rear of mine as I put a bag on the front.  The rack on my machine (2021 Rancher) I believe is a relativity new design.  It sucks IMO but I haven't given it a good work out yet so shouldn't bitch just yet.  I do like yours though.

I know it doesn't directly answer the question, but on my ranger I usually throw the saw or saws in the bed. Along with some chains, gas and bar oil cans, axe, wedges, timber jack, cooler with drinks, ropes, etc. Then drive back through the timber and get to work.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

That's not too shabby.......I'd have to rig a set up like that for the rear of mine as I put a bag on the front.  The rack on my machine (2021 Rancher) I believe is a relativity new design.  It sucks IMO but I haven't given it a good work out yet so shouldn't bitch just yet.  I do like yours though.

I think you are correct about the design. I have 3 kids and one of them is usually on with me so I didn't want to put anything on the back. A few guys i know have extended their out to hang over the front of the machine for more room and space. That doesn't interest me though as often am riding in crappy terrain and need all the rom i can get to maneuver.