Can’t wait for bow season

Chef

Hung two stands yesterday and checked some cams. It was hot as all heck. Honestly I was a little paranoid being deep in the woods after my bee sting incident……. But it felt amazing to be out in the woods. I may even hang another stand or two next week just to get out again.

11bdd7438bd4e7255b1fbf26fc9fc0a8.jpg

bdaa2e9cab7d1dcdf0e828585e162529.jpg

5774eba7535253a701713c2aa19b3a70.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 17

Good looking buck chef.
I too took a saunter through the steamy woods yesterday as well and have started to get the itch. Saw a few does on the management property in their normal hang out (right by the parking lot where hunting isn’t allowed!) and plenty of well used trails.
Tick tock tick tick!!!!

Nice buck chef.  I finally got out to set some cams at 4pm today.  And my first giant already appeared.   Just not this years giant.   Lol
8068AD39-33F8-4093-99BA-21D6869BEA35.thumb.png.b8d6245ac3352f2fa8086fd10de29985.png

How is that cam? I was thinking about getting one… seems pretty inexpensive for a cell cam

2 minutes ago, Chef said:

How is that cam? I was thinking about getting one… seems pretty inexpensive for a cell cam

I am not all that picky.  It’s easy to set up, seems to get decent coverage and works.   So I think they are a deal.  Are they publishing quality photos, no.  But I don’t care.  I think it’s $13/mo for unlimited.   

I am not all that picky.  It’s easy to set up, seems to get decent coverage and works.   So I think they are a deal.  Are they publishing quality photos, no.  But I don’t care.  I think it’s $13/mo for unlimited.   

Fair enough! I guess for a intro level cell cam you can’t ask for more.

33 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I just put 2 of the reveal X in the woods today ,super easy to set up . I ran one in my backyard for a week before buying another . I'm super happy so far.  I got a few pics of doe already and i just hung them at like 2:30

I got the itch as well.. wait.. let me rephrase that.. i also made it out to the woods this weekend. Cleared shooting lanes on 4 stands yesterday and changed batteries and cards on several cameras. I saw i nice velvet 8 feeding in the beans when I got there. He took off when he saw me and i thought a fawn followed him. I saw this brown fuzzy thing bounding in the grass going in the same direction. Turns out it was a fox. I lost a few pounds of sweat.. felt great to be out!

2 hours ago, stubborn1VT said:

Good on you for getting out.  I couldn't force myself to do it with the humidity.  Hoping to mow some trails and check some cams next weekend.  Bow season and cooler weather can't get here soon enough IMO.  Good thread.

I totally agree. Done with the humidity and mosquitoes.  I can't hardly wait for fall this,and I plan on enjoying the heck out of it.

• Like 1

Haven’t shot my bow yet , may do a card pull next week , still need to move  two stands . A few more camping trips and boating to do .  I’ll be out a bit in October , but early November is what I’m waiting for .

To hot I’d rather be floating in the pool or circling Irondequoit Bay .

• Like 1

I just put 2 of the reveal X in the woods today ,super easy to set up . I ran one in my backyard for a week before buying another . I'm super happy so far.  I got a few pics of doe already and i just hung them at like 2:30
Where did you find them?

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Chef said:

Hung two stands yesterday and checked some cams. It was hot as all heck. Honestly I was a little paranoid being deep in the woods after my bee sting incident……. But it felt amazing to be out in the woods. I may even hang another stand or two next week just to get out again.

11bdd7438bd4e7255b1fbf26fc9fc0a8.jpg

bdaa2e9cab7d1dcdf0e828585e162529.jpg

5774eba7535253a701713c2aa19b3a70.jpg

Sweet looking buck Chef!!! Try not to let him have anymore birthdays!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Nice buck chef.  I finally got out to set some cams at 4pm today.  And my first giant already appeared.   Just not this years giant.   Lol

8068AD39-33F8-4093-99BA-21D6869BEA35.png

A real nice WNY buck my friend!!!

Let him go a couple more years, and introduce him to me!!!

1 hour ago, mlammerhirt said:

Where did you find them?

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

I made him promise that he had to hunt with an xbow this season. Also, he has to take the vax and say “Biden is my Daddy” when he kills a deer this fall and post it here to the forum.

Basically, he signed his soul over.

Obviously joking. 

Edited by phade
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3