Maine 2021

Bionic

6 hours ago, grampy said:

They will be the longest days of the year!!! Send us lots of pic's like always! Wishing you and Jen safe travels, great weather and an awesome time!

I'm on vacation too after this week at work. We really wanted to go to Maine again, but with so much going on in our lives, it's not to be. But come May, we're going!!! We both feel so at peace there.

Haha, so true, 5 more sleeps now.

thank you! Enjoy your vacation, like you said just not meant to be, everything happens for a reason.  We too feel at peace up there as well, just something about it there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arcade Hunter said:

Finally !  A refreshing thread.  Looking forward to the pictures!

Thanks Arcade! I know I usually post off topic here, but I enjoy this stuff….

Probably expand from pics to pics & video this year, with YouTube links.

• Like 2

Day 1:  left home at 2:30am, and stopped in Saco for breakfast.  After breakfast we zoomed up the last 3 hrs up to the house.  Unloaded, and took the X3 to lunch on the water.  I just had a burger, and fries.  I was so hungry, and thirsty that I had a pounding headache.  I try not to drink too much water while traveling on a trip of this length, so it gives me a headache, but as I ate, the headache cured.  After late lunch/early dinner, we took my truck to get groceries, and after that we went back out in the X3 to attempt finding a cabin we might rent.  Lastly, we took the X3 on a nice trail up to a B52 plane crash site.  

F121CBAF-EF58-4132-8DB2-937E34C02386.jpeg

471426B6-1B5F-4BF2-B770-7110A3A90C52.jpeg

B4AF3063-35A0-4BC1-BD84-20D139E4B481.jpeg

2B0DFB4F-948D-4CB7-A50D-AF3DBF766417.jpeg

0FD92E82-B295-4764-9B11-3CCC43C3638F.jpeg

6279B57C-5E7E-49F3-942C-E2A86E633C6B.jpeg

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 17

And Here We Go !   

FYI , I did call the Maine Dept Of Tourism and warn them about the impending shortage of shramp and lobstah about to happen in Northern Maine . They said they would get right on it and are sending emergency supplies to fill the void of excessive upcoming demand upon your arrival. ;)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SportsmanNH said:

And Here We Go !   

FYI , I did call the Maine Dept Of Tourism and warn them about the impending shortage of shramp and lobstah about to happen in Northern Maine . They said they would get right on it and are sending emergency supplies to fill the void of excessive upcoming demand upon your arrival. ;)

You’re the best! I owe you

27 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Also, I brought a Spypoint Link Micro to stash someplace on a moose trail! I am really excited for that, if I get a moose pic, it would be extremely exciting for me.

Best thread every yr. So look forward to this. I love Maine. Have a couple buddies that live there and enjoy visiting them when we can.

Might be off on my dates, but aren't you two supposed to be married this year? Or did I somehow miss it during the covid shit show..

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Wait …these B’52 crashed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, a coworker of mine, about 15 yrs ago asked me to burn him a cd…said use my judgement off of what i knew he liked.  Well he likes Godsmack, ACDC, bands like them….well I made Rock Lobster number one on that cd, yeah a tattoo sleeved hot head in a lifted Silverado with Rock Lobster was blasting.  It was funny for us, but you might have had to be there…

• Like 3

Haha, a coworker of mine, about 15 yrs ago asked me to burn him a cd…said use my judgement off of what i knew he liked.  Well he likes Godsmack, ACDC, bands like them….well I made Rock Lobster number one on that cd, yeah a tattoo sleeved hot head in a lifted Silverado with Rock Lobster was blasting.  It was funny for us, but you might have had to be there…

Good choice….leading with Love Shack might have sent the wrong message!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

https://theaviationgeekclub.com/an-in-depth-analysis-of-infamous-dover-c-5-crash-part-1-the-lead-up-to-the-accident-and-crash-animation-with-cockpit-recorder-playing/

Not to jack the thread but I worked crash recovery at Dover when this happened. Pretty wild to wake up to a phone call saying get your ass to work. My buddy was the FCC (flying crew chief), he ruptured his spline and had a back injury that got him discharged.  The elderly couple taking a hop didn't even realize the plane crashed until the T-tail broke off and they could see out the back of the jet (c5 passenger seats face backwards),they thought it was just turbulence.

We listened to the black box recording, pilot had no clue what was going on, engineer shit his pants 10 seconds before the crash, he was scared to correct the pilot almost cost him his life. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Love the scenery pics, but I keep focusing on that Can Am. That is one tough looking machine!

Thanks.  The SXS has been a game changer up here for us.  We can cover a lot more ground vs the ATV we have.  Our backs aren’t sore, the power steering is effortless, its just nothing but positive.  It’s just a tank, we love it. 

• Like 4

Just now, mowin said:

Have you checked the trail camera yet? 

Looking to set it out tonight.  Place we plan to set it, is about 30 or so miles away.  We just haven’t got out that way just yet, its right off the side of a paved road, we always see tracks in the mud there, and its a desolate area.  It’s a cell cam too, so its even betterererer.

• Like 1