Ok guys what are you using to hunt deer this year

rob-c

Thought we could all share what we are using this year to hunt with .

Bow - Hoyt faktor 34 , 65lbs , 458 grain beman hunter with 125 grain black hornets . 

For firearms I rotate - 44 mag Super Redhawk ,going with  hand loaded 270 grain Speer deep curls over 17 grains of 2400 /  300 Savage 99  with hand loaded 165 grain Speer hot cores over 41 grains of RL15 

M/Z - cva optima v2 lr -  100 grains of 777 crush harvester sabots 44 mag xtp’s 

So whatcha using this coming season ? 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 2

Bow: My 2004 PSE Nova that I got as a 14th birthday present from my dad. I never saw a reason to upgrade. It kills them if I do my part.

Gun: I got a new to me Ruger Super Blackhawk this year. I decided not to carry a rifle until I kill something with that.

Muzzleloader: Still trying to fill a tag with my TC Hawken for the 8th year in a row. There are years I certainly wish I didn't get rid of my scoped inline ML.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I still have my Bear "Lights Out". I threaten to get a new one every year, and never do because it works every time. Still use Beman with 75gr Muzzys at 62 pounds. Nothing fancy, but gets the job done.

For rifle, I just use my Mossberg 100 ATR in .270 with 130gr Winchester, whatever the cheap, grey box is. This rifle is usually in the hands of a lady or youth hunter, as I usually only shoot a couple does during regular season. I always like to help others that are less experienced, or have little time because of work or little kids. And, I have a couple good sized pop ups that kids are always welcome to sit in with me and/or their mother. We always have a good time.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, rob-c said:

Thought we could all share what we are using this year to hunt with .

Bow - Hoyt faktor 34 , 65lbs , 458 grain beman hunter with 125 grain black hornets . 

For firearms I rotate - 44 mag Super Redhawk ,going with  hand loaded 270 grain Speer deep curls over 17 grains of 2400 /  300 Savage 99  with hand loaded 165 grain Speer hot cores over 41 grains of RL15 

M/Z - cva optima v2 lr -  100 grains of 777 crush harvester sabots 44 mag xtp’s 

So whatcha using this coming season ? 

Nice assortment.

• Thanks 1

Well. I'm going to start out with my TC Encore muzzleloader hunting elk in Colorado.  Shooting 297gr thor bullets with fffg powder.

Then I'm going to break out my 75# Obsession m6 with 125 gr Rage broad heads.

Couple weeks later I will break out the mzl again for a week. 

Then switch barrels on my TC to .300 win mag. Hunt for a few weeks

Head to Letchworth using my bow and occasionally my Barnett whitetail  for 1 1/2 weeks.

Switching back to the muzzloader for the southern firearms opener and a few days.

Returning home and breaking out the 300 again. Untill....

Late muzzloader season..

Wow!   Breaking it all down , it sounds pretty complicated...lol

• Like 1

Same as last year...Either my Rem M700 Mountain rifle  in 7MM08, or my  Winchester M70 Lightweight in .280 rem, depending on what I feel like carrying on any given day...

If I hunt ML, my 50 year old TC Hawken .50 cal. with 777 and PRBs....

27 minutes ago, ncountry said:

Well. I'm going to start out with my TC Encore muzzleloader hunting elk in Colorado.  Shooting 297gr thor bullets with fffg powder.

Then I'm going to break out my 75# Obsession m6 with 125 gr Rage broad heads.

Couple weeks later I will break out the mzl again for a week. 

Then switch barrels on my TC to .300 win mag. Hunt for a few weeks

Head to Letchworth using my bow and occasionally my Barnett whitetail  for 1 1/2 weeks.

Switching back to the muzzloader for the southern firearms opener and a few days.

Returning home and breaking out the 300 again. Untill....

Late muzzloader season..

Wow!   Breaking it all down , it sounds pretty complicated...lol

Oh yeah. Somewhere in there I need to do a basement and dry in a house on top of it..ha.ha

Elite Kure 70#, Easton Bloodline 330 arrows with 100grain Sevr 1.5          broadheads 

TC Icon .308, Ziess Conquest 3X9          scope with 165 gr Nosler Ballistictip handloads

Ruger American Ranch .450  Bushmaster, Vortex Diamondback 3X9 with 250 gr Hornady Black ammo

Cheapo CVA Wolf muzzleloader, need a new scope, 250 gr TC Shockwaves

Edited by WNY Bowhunter

Crossbow: Centerpoint sniper 370 and Barnett recruit,

ML: scoped T/C Omega 50 cal and fiber optic sight Traditions fox river 50 cal 

Rifle: scoped Ruger M77 30/06, fiber optic sight Remlin 336-BL 30/30, scoped Remlin 336 30/30.

Shotgun: scoped Marlin 512, scoped Ithaca model 37 16 ga, open sight Remington 870 12 ga.

I am hoping to fill at least 3 of my 7 tags with one or more of those 10 weapons.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Crossbow: Centerpoint sniper 370 and Barnett recruit,

ML: scoped T/C Omega 50 cal and fiber optic sight Traditions fox river 50 cal 

Rifle: scoped Ruger M77 30/06, fiber optic sight Remlin 336-BL 30/30, scoped Remlin 336 30/30.

Shotgun: scoped Marlin 512, scoped Ithaca model 37 16 ga, open sight Remington 870 12 ga.

I am hoping to fill at least 3 of my 7 tags with one or more of those 10 weapons.

And they say variety is the spice of life.  I guess so!

Bow Mathews drenalin 

Crossbow:mission 400mbx or centerpoint whisper 380

Gun: Henry single shot 30-30. Marlin 1895 in 45-70, browning blr in 30- 06 , savage 99 in .308( hope to get one with savage  )

20 ga mossberg , and 12 ga browning both shooting breneke slugs

Muzzleloader: 50 cal cva kentucky long rifle, 50 cal knight pistol, 50 cal cva Kentucky pistol.50 cal Cva Optoma rifle . 

Depends on day and what the hunt will be if driving or standing or still hunting...