Charlie Watts RIP!!!!

Cory

Watts was an indifferent rock star and a hell of a dresser with his suits being made at Huntsman on Saville Row. Always loved this story ...

With the unenviable task of being the mediator between Mick and Keith, Charlie must have the patience of a saint. This was famously tested in the mid-Eighties when a drunk Jagger called Charlie’s hotel room, asking where “my drummer” was. Charlie coolly arose, shaved, got fully dressed in his sharp suit, went down to Mick’s room, and punched him in the face, with the immortal pay-off line: “Don’t ever call me your drummer again. You’re my fucking singer!”

image.thumb.png.364fca5c831100e8f22665ab370446a8.png

RIP.

Huge life long fan...(well, since I discovered them in the seventies...) I was lucky enough to see them in Syracuse on the Steel Wheels tour...eleventh row center. Great seats and great show. I was sure he would be last man standing of the band. Never. Never sang. Not even back up. Keith states in his biography he did for Symphony...but if you watch the video of the making of the song, Charlie is standing very bored, very not involved and very NOT singing with everyone else "Hoo Hooing".