If the law was you can only own one gun what would it be ?

phantom

If the law was you can only own  one gun what would it be ?

All the crazy gun laws they  have in places made me think about this . And also the fact that at times it looks like civilization as we know it is about to collapse maybe  any day now the way things are going .

I guess if i had to pick one it would be either a shotgun  like the Benelli M4 shotgun takes different chokes good for different  application Both hunting big and small game and defence .

Or a AR 15 that's a tuff decision to make .  Probably the AR I think 

Edited by phantom

2 minutes ago, rob-c said:

As much a I love my revolvers , I would go  with my 870 12 guage. Birdshot for small game ,  buckshot for self /zombie defense and the slug barrel for big  game . 

Now THAT is a sensible choice  !!

• Like 4

Glock 19 . I just loaded 4 magazines for it , going shooting in the AM .

My first thoughts were , AR , Shotgun ,for Rob’s reasons and the Glock .

Picked the Glock , I need something portable and 16 rounds is nice too .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

my bow???

Just saying you moved here  from a place with some of the  strictest gun laws in the world and you say a bow ?  Like don't you like freedom ?

What made you move here from the old world  if you are not going to take advanged of all the freedom this country gives you ? I don't get it ? Bad enough if they made the law one gun And you say no gun lol even the amish have guns.

Edited by phantom
  • Like 2

Of what I currently own, my Savage 320 20ga pump with the chokes I have, cylinder for slugs, improved cylinder, and the extra full turkey choke. From small game to deer and black bear, and if needed home defense.

If I was to buy a gun to only have one- Browning BPS field in 20ga with the same chokes I mentioned above.

A shotgun is the most universal firearm ever created in my book.

• Like 4

Mossberg 500 12 gauge 28" smooth bore barrel with the beads for sights. Great for small game big game.

I only hunt with it once or twice a year but have taken plenty of small game deer and bear with that set up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

Na kills deer just fine. 

No issue with the chambering  , or even the fact that it is bolt action...It's the scope... Fine for stationary  targets in the open,   but try to hit anything moving with it, or get it into action quickly in the woods...In a self defense situation, it would  be basically just an awkward club...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grouse said:

If the law was you can only own one gun what would it be ?

It would be time to start a shooting war!

That's why the last one they let  you own better be something you can use for defence as well as hunting  because the next step would probably be that most likely could spark a civil war soon after . You never know . Hope it never come to something like that .  But we all saw all those riots lataly  anything could happen .

Edited by phantom