HF2

phade

The price for a regular cam is absurd but the Reconyx is such a performing brand. They need to dive into the cell game even more than they are right now. Hoping they can survive the market and continue to make good cams.

RCNX8912.JPG

RCNX8957.JPG

RCNX9556.JPG

RCNX4894.JPG

RCNX5613.JPG

RCNX5694.JPG

RCNX5729.JPG

RCNX5941.JPG

RCNX6013.JPG

RCNX6020.JPG

• Like 14

They’re consistently the best. Perfect? No, no cam is. But their price isn’t marketing related. They barely market. Yeti costs so much because they spend a big % in marketing.

Reconyx has coated internals to prevent corrosion for example. Nobody else does that and they all use lead based soldering. Not Reconyx.

Their price, while high, is justified more on the reliability, longevity, performance, and trust one has in a cam. Lots of people are running Reconyx 10+ years.

• Like 2

I had four on our Ohio lease for five years, that was pre cell cam days… bought them because I was sick of having cams crap out or go though bouts of poor service.
When you had a 12 hour drive to check cams the price for the reliability was worth it.
When we lost the lease I sold the four cams to a buddy for half of what I paid and he got a bunch more years out of them.

They make a solid product

I love the Reconyx cams.  I added a third this summer which is the cell version of the HF2 covert.  These cams are awesome.  All of mine are in the lock boxes bolted to a tree.   Could still disappear but not without a significant effort.   

On 8/29/2021 at 1:03 PM, phade said:

They’re consistently the best. Perfect? No, no cam is. But their price isn’t marketing related. They barely market. Yeti costs so much because they spend a big % in marketing.

Reconyx has coated internals to prevent corrosion for example. Nobody else does that and they all use lead based soldering. Not Reconyx.

Their price, while high, is justified more on the reliability, longevity, performance, and trust one has in a cam. Lots of people are running Reconyx 10+ years.

Wow, I wasnt aware of the internal advantages. I may have to reconsider some of these Brownings

On 8/29/2021 at 1:03 PM, phade said:

I am in the electronics manufacturing industry..    The Conformal Coating makes a huge difference in terms of longevity of the boards and components (the leaded vs. lead free solder not so much of a difference)...