Thank You!

Splitear

Just now, WNYTRPR said:

Agreed to a point .Believe it or not ,it has not been that bad compared to other sites I’ve seen .Some name calling but over all ,not bad .

I believe politics in this State ,and what he love to do (hunt ,ect)go hand in hand .We can all ignore that and go about our lives and act like everything is perfect ,but it won’t help us in the long run to ignore it all .

Not looking to ignore it at all. It has a place here. In the political section. So that people can discuss it.  But you shouldn't open the site and on the main page is 5 political topics where people are calling each other out . The same few people over and over again. 

Have no problem with political discussion, just it needs to stay there and when it gets too nasty be ended. As you said other sites are even worse. Well let's not get to that point. No one wants that. 

And def don't need anyone overzealous just someone to do what WNY did today when it gets out of hand. It's a 15 minute fix. 

And you must see how many people are upset by what has been going on here.  It also turns away new people to see on the main page a political argument that was on there today.  I try out a hunting site for the first time and see all that , I am gone. 

Politics is fine. It's a hunting site. If hunting conversation is boring there are other places to look for political conversation. Lots of them 

• Like 5

I think most of the core hunting forum guys would be happiest if political section was completely gone. 

I can understand from a forum business standpoint that post count is king, so it would not be good for business to end the political section completely.

Kept in its own space and dealing with rude or insulting talk strictly would make it a much more pleasant place and not kill the post count too much..

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WNYTRPR said:

Maybe I’m not seeing what you are on your end ,I open this site up and see multiple threads ,I can choose anyone to open freely .At no time do I feel like I have any thread shoved down my throat .I say this with respect ,I know sometimes typed messages can come off differently,or maybe just my wording lol .

When I open mine, I see a column for “Recent Topics” and 6 threads beneath. From what I understand, topics from the politics sub forum don’t show up in this. Usually when I login I glance at the 6 recents and move on. There have been times in the last few weeks where all but maybe one of those recent topics were just political shouting matches between half a dozen guys. I am not at all disappointed to see things get cleaned up a little bit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

Maybe I’m not seeing what you are on your end ,I open this site up and see multiple threads ,I can choose anyone to open freely .At no time do I feel like I have any thread shoved down my throat .I say this with respect ,I know sometimes typed messages can come off differently,or maybe just my wording lol .

Most of us open it with "recent topics".  Lately all that has been there are these political threads that are stuck in the general chit chat area. The political section doesnt show up there.  You have to look for it. Then the same few bicker and call each other out over and over and it just stays there on the front page in your face.  It's embarrassing for a hunting site. 

Anyway I've said my piece on it, I feel like many others feel the same way. Including the mod today that stepped in and I am grateful for. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ncountry said:

I think most of the core hunting forum guys would be happiest if political section was completely gone. 

I can understand from a forum business standpoint that post count is king, so it would not be good for business to end the political section completely.

Kept in its own space and dealing with rude or insulting talk strictly would make it a much more pleasant place and not kill the post count too much..

I think the political section definitely has an affect on how you look /think about others.Sometimes it’s best to not even know someone else’s political affiliation .At the same time ,it’s keeping this place alive .Look at feedback from it .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

I think the political section definitely has an affect on how you look /think about others.Sometimes it’s best to not even know someone else’s political affiliation .At the same time ,it’s keeping this place alive .Look at feedback from it .

It's killing this place, not keeping it alive. Lots have left or don't even come on much anymore.  The feedback is mostly negative. Dunno if you saw today's earlier messes but calling each other out with f bombs and Nazis etc is not what I want out of a hunting site on the main page.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's killing this place, not keeping it alive. Lots have left or don't even come on much anymore.  The feedback is mostly negative. Dunno if you saw today's earlier messes but calling each other out with f bombs and Nazis etc is not what I want out of a hunting site on the main page.  

I partook in time of it and I myself would say I would be happy to see it go. I think half of us just comment because it’s there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Maybe ,the same hunting topics cause people to leave too .
The greatest thread this place has is “live from the woods “.

You hunt for x amount of years ,how many times do you want to see on a forum 

1-what’s the best bow to shoot 

2-what’s the best turkey shot for a 12ga

3-mechanicals or fixed 

Ect ,ect.

All Imo of course .I’d enjoy it either way .It does add some spice though lol.

1 minute ago, WNYTRPR said:

Maybe ,the same hunting topics cause people to leave too .
The greatest thread this place has is “live from the woods “.

You hunt for x amount of years ,how many times do you want to see on a forum 

1-what’s the best bow to shoot 

2-what’s the best turkey shot for a 12ga

3-mechanicals or fixed 

Ect ,ect.

All Imo of course .I’d enjoy it either way .It does add some spice though lol.

Ive been on here for years and have yet to see a post saying there is too much hunting talk on this site. Well except for yours of course. Lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crappyice said:

And while we are making suggestions for changes, please rename the iconic Beer thread as “Beverages that people identify as beer”

COMMIE BEER SNOB  !!!!!....Hehehehe....

2 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

The Problem,I see with removing the Political Section is next on the list will be- Chit- Chat.

I'm sure all of us can find YouTube, the WWE, and MMA sites if we choose to look. :whistle:

Like a few have mentioned, if people would post the political stuff where it belongs it wouldn't be such an issue. The other problem is you can't even have a gun discussion about laws in there without the "totalitarian" ( that's exactly what they are! ) crew touting you're lefty or liberal ( or worse ) if you don't agree with them 100%.

This place would be just fine without the politics. As for loosing revenue? You don't get paid if people leave, and people aren't leaving a hunting site if there's no political discussions, they are leaving if there's no hunting discussion.

In every site I owned that I paid for hosting, I never had any ads, I never made a dime unless I actually sold something I was selling. If members donated a few bucks to help pay for the site it went to the site, not a penny ever went into my pocket. I didn't make the place to make money, I made the place for members to have a place to talk about whatever the site was aimed at. If I ever do it again I won't have ads or be concerned about making money either. Some are under this delusion that everyone who owns a website it trying to cash in, and that's not true with everyone who owns a website.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, crappyice said:

And while we are making suggestions for changes, please rename the iconic Beer thread as “Beverages that people identify as beer”

That thread was supposed to be about the beer used for cooking. It was overtaken by girly beers and seltzer. :sarcastic:

• Like 1

Just now, WNYTRPR said:

Yep ,you can have your Natty ice .

I haven't drank in over a year and a half. But, you bet your buttons I'd drink a Beast before I drank a chocolate-marmolade-blueberry-peanut butter-marshmallow fluff-cranberry anything back when I did drink. I never had a man bun or wore skinny jeans either.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

I haven't drank in over a year and a half. But, you bet your buttons I'd drink a Beast before I drank a chocolate-marmolade-blueberry-peanut butter-marshmallow fluff-cranberry anything back when I did drink. I never had a man bun or wore skinny jeans either.

I have none of the above LOL ,but I do like some fruity sour beers lol.

And good on you for no drinks for that long ,sincerely ,congrats .

Edited by WNYTRPR

25 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

Hey now. I’d drink that beer described and no man bun nor skinny jeans . This Fruited Sour blends together ripe raspberry, blueberry, and blackberry, creamy milk sugar, and marshmallows to create berries & cream in a glass. 

35A27E10-FFB5-43DB-AC70-4F76D8928D2D.jpeg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Hey now. I’d drink that beer described and no man bun nor skinny jeans . This Fruited Sour blends together ripe raspberry, blueberry, and blackberry, creamy milk sugar, and marshmallows to create berries & cream in a glass. 

35A27E10-FFB5-43DB-AC70-4F76D8928D2D.jpeg

Three words:

Pink Bunny Suit.

:laugh:

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, WNYTRPR said:

Boys ,go through the hunting forums,nothing but a ghost town on them .All the popular threads currently have nothing to do with hunting whatsoever just about .

Maybe restrict the politic section from being sent to the top of the new threads ?

The political section is already set up that way. The problem was people weren't posting threads in that section so it was always there.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, crappyice said:

Speaking of that, let's remove it . I'm sick of opening it and seeing pictures of beer every time.

• Haha 1