2021 HuntingNY Forum Fantasy Pick 'em

Robhuntandfish

Ok here we go.  Figured i would put this out there a bit before season for everyone to look over and hope its something we can have some fun with. 

See the rules and regs and explanations below.  We will use this thread for all the discussions, questions and talk, then have a seperate thread for scores and weekly picks.  PLEASE keep the score/picks thread clean.  Below is a score sheet for all to use - copy, copy and paste, print out, remake whichever works for you, but leave it in that format.  Basically after reading all the info, it comes down to ..... pick a hunter each week by Sunday night lol.  Pretty easy. Anyone can join.  Lets have fun with it.  

2021 HuntingNY Forum Fantasy Pick ‘em  

-          Runs for 12 weeks beginning 9/27- 12/21 

-          Must pick a member of the forum for each week prior to Sunday at midnight of that week, and post weekly running log of all picks each time on the score thread. Put Forum member name in by “Hunter__________” and post for weekly pick.  See examples below

-          Cannot change your pick once you have picked them.

-          Can only use any single hunter once and cannot pick yourself as a hunter.  Please put hunters forum name on pick sheet

-          Any current member can be listed as long as they are a member prior to 9/27

-          There will be two threads – one for weekly picks/scores  only and one for the trash talk and conversations  - Please keep the PICK/SCORE thread clean of comments

-          Must keep track of your own sheet and hunters, week and scores listed.  If you miss a week or post too late you cannot receive any points that week. An incorrect score sheet is on you.

-          Deer/Bear only will be scored and they have to be from NYS only

-          Each Deer counts as 2 points and any legal antler point is an additional point.  Any Bear is worth 5 points.  

-          Total score at the end of 12 weeks is the winner. In the event of a tie winner will be determined by which person picked a hunter that had the buck with the most legal antler points, if still a tie, then person that picked the most hunters with bucks wins. 

-          Each hunter you’ve selected must have posted their harvest on any forum thread with a clear way of determining date harvested. Must put in which thread, page # and date of harvest .  

-          Deer/Bear can only be used for that week if taken that week. If shot that week but recovered after Sunday midnight it has to be recovered by noon of the following Monday or it will count to the next week. 

-          Once contest ends on 12/21 post filled out weekly form with Total points by 12/26 on the score thread.  The person with the highest posted score will then be verified by past weekly picks and announced the winner.

-          *- last week extended by a day due to how season dates fall

-          All grievances are likely to be ignored, any other decisions will be decided on.

-          Winner gets bragging rights and a “coveted” award- but remember this is for fun! And Winner must post a pick of themselves with the Award when they receive it. 

how to fill out the score sheet –

Your Forum NameRobhuntandfish

Week 1 -  My pick for week 1 was Biz – who shot a Doe on 10/1  

Week 2 – My pick for week 2 was The_Real_TC111 who shot a 9 point on 10/6

Week 3 – My pick for week 3 was Turkeyfeathers but the week isnt over – so didn’t post score yet….

Etc…..

Example -----

Your Forum Name   _Robhuntandfish__________

Week 1 (Sept 27- Oct 3)   

Hunter  _____Biz-R-Oworld________________     

Score ___2_______  Date ___10/1_____   Thread and page #_Biz Journal page 23

Week 2 (Oct 4-10) 

Hunter _______The_Real_TC111_________          

Score __11____  Date ___10/6_____   Thread and page #__Bow Harvest – page 1

Week 3 (Oct 11-17)  

Hunter____Turkeyfeathers ___________________    

Score ____ Date ________   Thread and page #__________ ___________

Can use/copy the blank sheet below or write one out and take a pic and post it, etc  whichever is easiest for you, but please put in this format.

SCORE/PICK Sheet

Your Forum Name ____________________________________

Week 1 (Sept 27- Oct 3)   

Hunter____________________________    

Score __________  Date ________   Thread and page #____________________

Week 2 (Oct 4-10) 

Hunter ______________________________

Score __________  Date ________   Thread and page #_________ ___________

Week 3 (Oct 11-17)  

Hunter______________________________ 

Score __________   Date ________   Thread and page #__________ ___________

Week 4 (Oct 18-24)  

Hunter_____________________________    

Score __________  Date ________   Thread and page # _____________________

Week 5 (Oct 25-31)   

Hunter_______________________________   

Score __________  Date ________   Thread and page #______________________

Your Forum Name ____________________________________

Week 7 (Nov 8-14)   

Hunter________________________________  

Score __________  Date ________   Thread and page #_____________________

Week 8 (Nov 15-21)  

Score __________  Date ________   Thread and page # ___________________

Week 9 (Nov 22-28)  

Score __________  Date ________   Thread and page #________ ___________

Week 10 (Nov 29-Dec 5)   

Score __________  Date ________   Thread and page #___________ _______

Week 11 (Dec 6-12)  

Score __________  Date ________   Thread and page #__________ ___________

Week 12 (Dec 13-21*)   

Hunter____________________________         

Score __________  Date ________   Thread and page #_________ ____________

Your Forum Name _______________________________________

Total Points    ____________

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Tried to think of something everyone could be in and that I could actually keep track of. Lol

Plus thought it would be fun for people to pick folks on this forum.  

Pretty simple really. Every Sunday pick a Hunter for the week. Or even pick ahead of that but taking a risk they fill their tags too soon. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish

4 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Ive have a few to many genny light's tonight to fully comprehend everything as its a 4 day weekend for me,sounds like fun....im in!!!!!!!!!!!LFG!!!

• Haha 2

Looks like we will all have some fun and a few laughs! 

I'm in! 

And looking to redeem myself from the all or nothing, hunting of a specific buck last year. I won't be quite so picky this season.

And yes, that buck is still roaming the property.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, grampy said:

Looks like we will all have some fun and a few laughs! 

I'm in! 

And looking to redeem myself from the all or nothing, hunting of a specific buck last year. I won't be quite so picky this season.

And yes, that buck is still roaming the property.

I want to see that buck on the ground with your smiling face!

• Like 1

Just now, phade said:

As much fun as this is, me keeping track of weekly pics between work and hunting and troubleshooting peoples cameras…I’d be lucky if I made it a month of accurate and timely submissions.

Cool idea.

C'mon. It can't be easier. Pick a Hunter a week and hope for the best.  Lol.  Sorry couldn't use out of state bucks cause we would all pick you when you left for Ohio!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

C'mon. It can't be easier. Pick a Hunter a week and hope for the best.  Lol.  Sorry couldn't use out of state bucks cause we would all pick you when you left for Ohio!

You should consider adding the late muzzleloader season though in all seriousness. There will be some giants falling that week.

9 minutes ago, phade said:

Boo to the NY only. Lol.

No inclusion of the late muzzleloader extension? Someone will drop a big one post Xmas no doubt.

No doubt but thought Xmas gets so busy for everyone and prob only a few are still hunting then. But def gonna be interesting to see how that part of season goes this year. And good point you made on watching those heads for sheds. 2 years ago I shot a shed buck in muzzleloader I thought was a doe.