State land bag of corn?

corydd7

I was small game hunting on state land in Cattaraugus County last year and came across three large bags of corn dumped back in a swamp.  I remember thinking that, although I disapprove of baiting, I was almost impressed that someone carried 150 lbs of corn that far into the thickest, nastiest part of that parcel. 

Edited by Caveman
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Caveman said:

I was small game hunting on state land in Cattaraugus County last year and came across three large bags of corn dumped back in a swamp.  I remember thinking that, although I disapprove of baiting, I was almost impressed that someone carried 150 lbs of corn that far into the thickest, nastiest part of that parcel. 

One works that hard to hunt illegally , but puts in so little effort to do it legally makes no sense to me .   

16 hours ago, Lucky118 said:

Don't  tell us tell the DEC.

Try and use it to your advantage. I was hunting westchester years ago and there was a complaint about feeding in my area and the DEC officer ( total jackoff) walked the whole area about 150 acres total and literally walked under my treestand every morning at 730 am until I got fed up and hunted somewhere else. I was told he did it every day the whole season........

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, skully said:

Try and use it to your advantage. I was hunting westchester years ago and there was a complaint about feeding in my area and the DEC officer ( total jackoff) walked the whole area about 150 acres total and literally walked under my treestand every morning at 730 am until I got fed up and hunted somewhere else. I was told he did it every day the whole season........

Good point. When go out to hunt, I go out to hunt not to turn in bad guys. I mind my business and enjoy my time in the woods

4 hours ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

Good point. When go out to hunt, I go out to hunt not to turn in bad guys. I mind my business and enjoy my time in the woods

And that is Why they keep doing it. I know i wouldn't  tolerate it and the main reason why i hunt by myself anymore. To many  people now adays are willing to come to close  to breaking laws or straight up ignoring them. 

2 minutes ago, Lucky118 said:

And that is Why they keep doing it. I know i wouldn't  tolerate it and the main reason why i hunt by myself anymore. To many  people now adays are willing to come to close  to breaking laws or straight up ignoring them. 

NY state doesn't have the resources or desire to go after baiting/poachers. Besides do you really want armys of DEC officers in the woods looking for bait piles while your sitting in a stand hunting legally. You'd need just that, an army. 

4 minutes ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

NY state doesn't have the resources or desire to go after baiting/poachers. Besides do you really want armys of DEC officers in the woods looking for bait piles while your sitting in a stand hunting legally. You'd need just that, an army. 

Thats why if you can't  walk and hr to Get to your stand i don't  hunt it lol. Most law breakers aren't  going to put in that much effort to get to places i hunt.