Early antlerless season 9/11-9/19

WNYTRPR

jesus christ this passed? I f'n hate this state. Mandatory orange too???

https://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/28605.html

NEW Deer and Bear Hunting Opportunities and Requirements for 2021

1. Antlerless-only deer season in mid-September (9/11 - 9/19/2021) using firearms in WMUs 3M, 3R, 8A, 8F, 8G, 8N, and 9F, and using bowhunting equipment in WMUs 1C, 4J, and 8C. DMPs and DMAP tags only.

2. Daily hunting hours for deer and bear extended to 30 minutes before sunrise until 30 minutes after sunset.

3. Hunters must wear a fluorescent orange or fluorescent pink hat or vest when hunting deer or bear with a firearm.

4. Antlerless harvest allowed again during the early muzzleloader season in Northern Zone WMUs 6A, 6F, 6J.

5. Bear season in the Adirondacks is simplified by extending the regular season to cover the full hunting period.

6. 12- and 13-year old hunters may hunt deer with a firearm or crossbow in counties that passed a local law to participate in the opportunity. See Junior Big Game Hunting for a map of participating counties.

7. Holiday Deer Hunt is an extension of the late bow and muzzleloader season from December 26 - January 1 in the Southern Zone.

• Sad 1

Looks official to me.  https://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/28605.html

Even the map shown is reflecting these changes.

I do like the fluorescent orange rule for gun season.  I realize there generally aren't too many accidents, but I've also seen too many clowns walking around in complete camo during gun season and I see this as a rule to protect the brainless like them.

• Haha 1

yeah if you look at the deer and bear hunting season link i posted above, there is nothing pending about it. shit is pretty clearly "law".

to bitch some more, that orange law is stupid as well. Accidents are at an all time low, and if you want to mandate it on public land or on the ground, fine. But to require me to wear orange 30' in a tree on private land is more NY overreach without any logical explanation for backing it up, other than they want us to get beeped at and harassed more, which conflicts with their whole, here's more time to kill more deer philosophy... yet not understanding that it's an access issue, not time issue.

end rant.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Belo said:

shit is horrible. I wont be out, and realize i can't control the neighbors or a few i share access with but hope to god they don't go out either. All the doe I have on cams right now all have spotted fawns. 

They'll realize your area as a human scent free zone ,you'll be good to go.