Browning Dark Ops

grampy

20210901_093139.thumb.jpg.4e0b108403f96b040ee80c16060e98c5.jpg

I have a couple of Tactacam Reveal cell cams that I like very much. But I wanted a good non cell camera for a new spot. This is what I picked up. Awhile back, I picked up a couple of these from wooly, and they are still working fine. Great pictures and video. A great trail camera that doesn't break the bank.

Edited by grampy
  • Like 1

• grampy changed the title to Browning Dark Ops

The reason I went with this cam and not a cell cam, is the invisible infrared night illumination. This is going in a spot where I'm hoping to get a couple of mature bucks. I don't want to tip my hand any more than need be. As these bucks took me to school last year. I'm trying to redeem myself this year with what they taught me.

1 minute ago, grampy said:

The reason I went with this cam and not a cell cam, is the invisible infrared night illumination. This is going in a spot where I'm hoping to get a couple of mature bucks. I don't want to tip my hand any more than need be. As these bucks took me to school last year. I'm trying to redeem myself this year with what they taught me.

yep love the dark ops. Browning's literature on the dark ops and cell cams is a little confusing but it seems to claim to be the same "invisible IR". I'm still running 2 of the exact same model you posted above as well. Only once did I have one "wig out" and take 1000 pictures in a row lol.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Trial153 said:

You should be able to check the status and adjust the setting via the app. You can schedule an up load as test.

Thanks I have already tried that on both and neither of them will upload and they are scheduled to do it but no dice.  They are both taking pics just won’t upload.  18 bucks a month for both but no luck so far. 

Just got off the phone with Prometheus they service Browning Trail Cell Cams.  Apparently my 2 camera were registered and both disabled.  So nice rep said she enabled and should start getting pics in 24 hrs.  Hopefully that’s the case 

• Like 2

Good news now just got 84 pics from one of the cameras now waiting on other cam to update.  My first experience with cell cams.  Very cool still have 6 browning non cell cams running along with a few others so will have to make the rounds still to pull cards but put these cameras where the bux are (sanctuary areas) So I can tell which ones are coming and going and I don’t have to go in there anymore to pull cards. 

7 hours ago, Lomax said:

Thanks I have already tried that on both and neither of them will upload and they are scheduled to do it but no dice.  They are both taking pics just won’t upload.  18 bucks a month for both but no luck so far. 

the browning setup app for cell cams leaves a lot to be desired. I just setup 3 and there are all sorts of quirks to be aware of. You need to setup your plan, register each camera, give it some time to activate etc. In the instructions it shows you how to test your signal. Go to lte info i believe. From there you can verify if you're at least getting a signal and then also be sure to setup your cam under cell in the strikeforce app. I set mine up offline initially as that part wasn't intuitive either. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Belo said:

the browning setup app for cell cams leaves a lot to be desired. I just setup 3 and there are all sorts of quirks to be aware of. You need to setup your plan, register each camera, give it some time to activate etc. In the instructions it shows you how to test your signal. Go to lte info i believe. From there you can verify if you're at least getting a signal and then also be sure to setup your cam under cell in the strikeforce app. I set mine up offline initially as that part wasn't intuitive either. 

Yes I was able to get both cameras set up and synced August 23 and got signals from both of them since I just couldn’t get any pictures uploaded to my phone.    After trying to convince my older daughter to call for me because I hate to do this kind of stuff I finally gave in and called and the girl was great very nice very helpful just gave her my account number she found my cameras and said they were disabled because I switch from an initial free subscription to a paid one so they excepted my payment and then disable the cameras Ha no big deal it’s working now and I just got another 15 from the other camera.  The quality of the pics from both so far kind of stinks so I upgraded The cameras to take better pictures right from my phone which is pretty cool let’s see how this works now.  I couldn’t run to money this way it would be a small fortune but to have a few strategically placed along my hillside and thickets should help me know when the bucks are moving thru my property.   It was pretty cool getting the first group of pics can’t wait till late October early November Kind of exciting. 

• Like 2

I am glad they took care of you. I sell alot of Brownings and in large they are good cams. The cell platform is coming along as they invest more into it. Setup definitely being one area to improve upon, but the good news is usually that is a one and done experience for the most part. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, phade said:

I am glad they took care of you. I sell alot of Brownings and in large they are good cams. The cell platform is coming along as they invest more into it. Setup definitely being one area to improve upon, but the good news is usually that is a one and done experience for the most part. 

that's what i told my old man who is not exactly tech savy. Once I figured it out, I was good to go and happy and can help him through the process. He said I'm his guinea pig this year for cell cams haha. 

• Like 1