Ammo - Buds Gun Shop ?

GreeneHunter

2 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

Anyone ever order any Ammo from Buds Gun Shop ..... if so were they timely or cost effective compared to others ?

https://www.budsgunshop.com/index.php

I put in an order for some 300 Savage this past summer, but cancelled before it shipped because I found a better deal locally. Really wasn't much of an issue to order, and seemed like shipping other than the cost of it wasn't a big deal either. 

• Like 1

On 9/5/2021 at 1:44 PM, Versatile_Hunter said:

I placed an order for a few boxes a couple of days ago. I’ll post here if there’s any delay in shipping. I paid almost 2x what this would have cost me pre-Covid so not a good deal. Market price. 

Experience so far:

1- a few days after purchase I received email requesting that I call to verify order. I called and had to effectively give all the information over the phone that I had typed when setting up my order. I asked what the point was and I was told that customers make mistakes quite frequently. Annoying but fine. 

2- A couple of days later I received email notification that order moved to shipping department. I was pleasantly surprised. 

3- Three days later I received email notification that shipping is delayed. No attempt at offering a timeline. Both disappointed and frustrated. If delay is due to inventory, I would cancel order and go elsewhere. If delay is a mere few days due to fulfillment overload, I’m happy to wait. Uncertainty here is unnecessary and avoidable. Logistic delays have a predictable timeline that can be communicated to customer. 

Edited by Versatile_Hunter
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Experience so far:

1- a few days after purchase I received email requesting that I call to verify order. I called and had to effectively give all the information over the phone that I had typed when setting up my order. I asked what the point was and I was told that customers make mistakes quite frequently. Annoying but fine. 

2- A couple of days later I received email notification that order moved to shipping department. I was pleasantly surprised. 

3- Three days later I received email notification that shipping is delayed. No attempt at offering a timeline. Both disappointed and frustrated. If delay is due to inventory, I would cancel order and go elsewhere. If delay is a mere few days due to fulfillment overload, I’m happy to wait. Uncertainty here is unnecessary and avoidable. Logistic delays have a predictable timeline that can be communicated to customer. 

Thanks for the update .... keep us " In the Know " !

On 9/11/2021 at 1:15 AM, Versatile_Hunter said:

Experience so far:

4- I received another email communicating delays today. No projected timeline was offered. 

Well there’s still a large shortage and now all the Johnny come lately hunters are scrambling for ammo just before the season , compounded by a coming ban on Russian ammo ( 30-40% of all ammo sold here ! ) 

So the looming ban has got guys buying any rifle ammo, they see . 

I’ll be buying more ammo tomorrow, then hitting up BJs to fill in gaps in our pantry .

What are you looking for ? 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...