Early season

Paula

What's the matter @grampy, don't want to see people out there hunting in camo shorts and flip flops? Yeah, me either.

I'm wondering if all the empty camp sites for the place the wife and I are camping next weekend in the ADK's will fill up faster then a buy one get two free ammo sale will run out of ammo.

NEW Deer and Bear Hunting Opportunities and Requirements for 2021

1. Antlerless-only deer season in mid-September (9/11 - 9/19/2021) using firearms in WMUs 3M, 3R, 8A, 8F, 8G, 8N, and 9F, and using bowhunting equipment in WMUs 1C, 4J, and 8C. DMPs and DMAP tags only.

2. Daily hunting hours for deer and bear extended to 30 minutes before sunrise until 30 minutes after sunset.

3. Hunters must wear a fluorescent orange or fluorescent pink hat or vest when hunting deer or bear with a firearm.

4. Antlerless harvest allowed again during the early muzzleloader season in Northern Zone WMUs 6A, 6F, 6J.

5. Bear season in the Adirondacks is simplified by extending the regular season to cover the full hunting period.

6. 12- and 13-year old hunters may hunt deer with a firearm or crossbow in counties that passed a local law to participate in the opportunity. See Junior Big Game Hunting for a map of participating counties.

7. Holiday Deer Hunt is an extension of the late bow and muzzleloader season from December 26 - January 1 in the Southern Zone.

I doubt the crossbow is legal, looks like just ML and vert bow.

3 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

Tricky " using bowhunting equipment " .... what a conundrum ! (never used that word before , finally found a sentence to put it in ! ...LOL)

So you have a conundrum of even further perplexity making the complexity of your conundrum bewildering. Got it! :blink: 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...