Vacation days

Just Lucky

With deer season less than a month away I have to start get my vacation days on the calendar. Unfortunately I need to give a notice so I can not plan by the weather. I get the weekends off from work so I have those, but I have 11 days to use.

I am planning long weekends with most of them, and Thanksgiving week.

What days are others putting on the calendar?

Took a half day today to start getting stuff in order.tomorrow off so i can chase some tree rat's n check stands/cam.5 days vacation left,will play it by weather.if i think its prime hunting weather and i feel that itch,i wont be in the next morning:rolleyes:.did that a few years ago n missed a nice 8pt,go figure!!!!

I have every weekend (sat/sun) off all season. ( i work nights). I took these nights off off:

Oct 1, Oct 8, off Oct 11 for holiday already, Oct 21/22.

Nov 5,12,19,24, Off 25,26 for holiday already.

Dec 3,10 for PA Gun.

I work 8pm-4am and wife is working from home, so I can in all reality hunt any day I want this season, so I took a lot of extended weekends vs a big chunk. 

We get a stupid amount of Vacation days at my work ( 24 per year can carry over 32 days.)

Edited by Hock3y24

I am taking the whole early ML week off for up in the northern zone, and half a day the Friday before.  I might catch the last hour or so of crossbow up there, depending on traffic on the highway.

I am taking the Friday closest to Veteran's day off, a day that is always peak rut and probably the single best day to be in the woods with my crossbow in the southern zone.

My last vacation day will be December 30 for a little extra  Holiday ML hunting (if I have any tags left).  All my other hunts will be on weekends or paid Holiday's (Thursday & Friday Thanksgiving weekend,  new years eve and day).

It should be a lot easier for me to fill dmp's this year, with 4 extra  weekend gun days in September at home, and the special Holiday ML season.

Well good thing about my career change is time to hunt. My schedule is only out until November 7th but I have 23 days off from October 1st to November 7th with only using 1 vacation day.   3 weeks I'm looking forward to the most is. 

Pa trip 12th-17

21st-28th

31-4

Plus a handful of other 2 or more days in a row and I will still have almost a little more than a week to take off for the rest of the year.

Edited by Swamp_bucks

I have weekends plus I can put in the day before so I’m going to plan according to the weather. I have 130 hrs vacation now and I get 40  hrs p/l and 40 hrs more of vacation back Oct. 1st. Plus I get Columbus ,  election and veterans Day off . 

I have not officially put in any time off requests yet but I have just over 4 weeks of unused vac time.  The company is pretty good about last minute requests, so I have options to work around weather etc... But for sure Thanksgiving week and the week of the holiday hunt, a lot of half days in early bow season and a lot of long weekends, also a few half days for early antlerless. 

I haven't had a vacation day for 17 years ever since I retired. Every day is a vacation day......lol. That's the good news. The problem now is that the older I get, the more that "killer hill" behind the house takes out of me....ha-ha-ha. It's too bad we can't retire first while we're in prime condition and then start working as we get old. I guess it really can't work that way.

• Like 1

I just keep it simple I take all of November off.

But I have a video of a buddy sitting with 2 fawns and petting them while turkey hunting, they were only a day or less old. When we counted back 200 days it came out to the 3rd week in October. I saw chasing the 2nd week of November.

5 hours ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

Ahhh, I remember the days calling in from my cell phone.. When the weather was good and the wind right I wasn't worth a sh*t when it came to reliability. Everyone kinda knew what to expect from me during hunting season. 

I like to say I aint worth a shit all year long, lol.

I am off this week in west Virginia. When I get back in the shop on Monday it will be a shit show. Being team leader/lead tech all heavy diagnoses will be put off till next week. 

• Like 1