Vacation days

Just Lucky

Three states this season but we'll be running with 11/6 to 11/21 most likely to give us the max flexibility to go where the action is, I guess.

Late season extension is surely making me question my standards for a NY bow buck. Prior to extension, part of me wanted to be happy with a "good NY bow buck" so I could focus on other states....but the prospect of having two buck tags in late muzzleloader doesn't sound so bad now. We have a few places that do very well late season and the extension should allow us to get into some opportunities in the PMs. So much so, there is a legit chance we may not even be hunting the NY regular opener for the first time since I was in college, and instead maybe hunting Ohio or Missouri depending on our tag statuses.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just went thru my vac and had to sched 2 personal days to use by the end of the year as well. So after this week thru Dec 13 the only full weeks I work are Oct 4-8 and Nov 29-Dec 3rd.  Sooooo looking forward to it. Took the whole week of Thanksgiving off (first full week I have taken off in over 10 years) and also now have a th-tues 6 days off in xbow too.  Besides a few 3-4 day weekends.  

• Like 2

On 9/16/2021 at 12:00 PM, Robhuntandfish said:

I just went thru my vac and had to sched 2 personal days to use by the end of the year as well. So after this week thru Dec 13 the only full weeks I work are Oct 4-8 and Nov 29-Dec 3rd.  Sooooo looking forward to it. Took the whole week of Thanksgiving off (first full week I have taken off in over 10 years) and also now have a th-tues 6 days off in xbow too.  Besides a few 3-4 day weekends.  

Full weeks off work are awesome for sure, because they include 9 hunting days, counting the weekends at both ends.   My favorite is certainly the early ML week up in the northern zone, which includes opening weekend of gun season.   It should be especially good this year, with additional wmu’s opened for antlerless deer during early ML.

Since my venison supply is ok right now (thanks to an early sz antlerless season bb and a little help from my friends), I plan on being somewhat selective with my 3 remaining tags, that will be good up north, this year (my regular gun tag will be good the last Sat and Sun).  An antlerless deer will need to be a mature (1.5 yr min) doe for sure and a buck at least a 4 point  (that is the equivalent of a southern-zone, flat-land 8 point to me). 

Edited by wolc123