Who else has trouble with the DEC online lic purchase?

Gobbler Chaser

4 hours ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

I know I should have done it on a PC but I do everything by phone. I went to the DEC lic purchase site and the friggin format made me nuckin futs..

What , how could that be  government does everything right  you been telling us every day just about now you act shocked that there web page don't work right  lol 

Like what are you going to do about it ? Vote for a different political party . Nope your not so deal with it . Always buy it in person why take a chance as you had to find out the hard way .

Edited by phantom

32 minutes ago, phantom said:

What , how could that be  government does everything right  you been telling us every day just about now you act shocked that there web page don't work right  lol 

Like what are you going to do about it ? Vote for a different political party . Nope your not so deal with it . Always buy it in person why take a chance as you had to find out the hard way .

Sir, chug down a cold one two on me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Lol.  I gotta say this is kinda far off.   The webpage is fine.  Awesome actually.   The SLIM map was a life changer for me.  If you haven't used it, go check it out.  It might not be called SLIM anymore but it’s an interactive map that lets you toggle between layers and can zoom in to every road in the state.  But its just not set up for a smart phone.  Pc yes.  Smart phone, yes but not perfect.  

And I got both my dmp!!!!!   First time in a long time.  :drinks:

Edited by diplomat019
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

Lol.  I gotta say this is kinda far off.   The webpage is fine.  Awesome actually.   The SLIM map was a life changer for me.  If you haven't used it, go check it out.  It might not be called SLIM anymore but it’s an interactive map that lets you toggle between layers and can zoom in to every road in the state.  But its just not set up for a smart phone.  Pc yes.  Smart phone, yes but not perfect.  

And I got both my dmp!!!!!   First time in a long time.  :drinks:

Where I picked my license up the other day I asked the guy there about doing it online and he told me a lot of guys come in  saying they had problems with it .  And I heard that the year b4 that and before that . So I don't even bother with it . Not a big deal to go in person to get the license. Why take a chance that something goes wrong  ,  unless  I just don't have the time to go in person I would never buy it online and have to wait for it to come in mail . Btw   I got both dmp also . 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, phantom said:

Where I picked my license up the other day I asked the guy there about doing it online and he told me a lot of guys come in  saying they had problems with it .  And I heard that the year b4 that and before that . So I don't even bother with it . Not a big deal to go in person to get the license. Why take a chance that something goes wrong  ,  unless  I just don't have the time to go in person I would never buy it online and have to wait for it to come in mail . Btw   I got both dmp also . 

I gotta say I had an uneasy feeling when I hit the "go to payment" button. But luckily everything went thru

• Like 1

the company they outsourced the on line sales is horrible .The d.e.c. must have gotten a bargain basement deal with them.I paid for freshwater fishing,marine registry[free] ,bow ,muzzleloader. turkeys small game and big game hunting and my dmp permit .My profile never  showed if i got my permit for 4r or 4h [better chance hittin' powerball then get that permit] but show everthing else .I got my license in the mail it showed no freshwater fishing or marine registry and i finally found out i got 1 preference pt but no doe.I called the outsourced company [see cause i had a problem last yr too and the d.e.c. referred to them]. and their answer  about the fish and marine registry was oh its ok cause the officer can pull up yor profile and see you paid for it there . 

6 hours ago, meateater said:

the company they outsourced the on line sales is horrible .The d.e.c. must have gotten a bargain basement deal with them.I paid for freshwater fishing,marine registry[free] ,bow ,muzzleloader. turkeys small game and big game hunting and my dmp permit .My profile never  showed if i got my permit for 4r or 4h [better chance hittin' powerball then get that permit] but show everthing else .I got my license in the mail it showed no freshwater fishing or marine registry and i finally found out i got 1 preference pt but no doe.I called the outsourced company [see cause i had a problem last yr too and the d.e.c. referred to them]. and their answer  about the fish and marine registry was oh its ok cause the officer can pull up yor profile and see you paid for it there . 

The name of the company they outsourced to sounds like an Irish Pub or something, lol

I have bought my licenses online since they turned on the system.

This is the first year I've had any problems....

Went to logon shortly after Aug 1st, and the system wouldn't accept my logon, so I ended up calling the toll-free number to get things reset (quick and easy, and was logged into the system before hanging up the phone).   Agent on the line said as long as you're on the phone, she could go ahead and do my order - so we did.   First time around, she said I was selected for 2 DMP's for 8J.    She entered my credit card #, and said "Hmm that's weird, it kicked me out of the system."

She got logged back in and it didn't show that my transaction went through, so she did it again - said she did the same tags / privileges and this time the credit card went through.   

Got 2 separate email receipts -  1 showing 2 DMPs, the 2nd showing 1.   So I went on-line and checked, and sure enough only had 1 listed.    Used the "contact us" link to submit a request to have someone contact me.    A day or so later, saw that there were 2 credit card charges, so called the toll-free number.

After 30-40 minutes on the phone, there was no resolution - "If you would have called back immediately, we could have refunded one of the charges, but now the State has to do it. ".   "Can't help you with the 2nd DMP, it wasn't requested by the agent.".   "We'll contact the state, and someone will contact you... Typical BS from a 3rd party call-center that isn't authorized to do much.

When my tags came in the mail, there was a (518) area code # listed to contact regarding any licensing issues.   Called it, and got ahold of someone; just by the way he answered the phone and  conducted himself, he wasn't a customer service representative - but wow, within 10 minutes (including transferring me to someone in accounting) he had things straightened out.  A few hours later, the system showed a "DMP Correction Tag #2" and within 2 days, I was refunded the second charge. 

8 hours ago, JJBat150 said:

I have bought my licenses online since they turned on the system.

This is the first year I've had any problems....

Went to logon shortly after Aug 1st, and the system wouldn't accept my logon, so I ended up calling the toll-free number to get things reset (quick and easy, and was logged into the system before hanging up the phone).   Agent on the line said as long as you're on the phone, she could go ahead and do my order - so we did.   First time around, she said I was selected for 2 DMP's for 8J.    She entered my credit card #, and said "Hmm that's weird, it kicked me out of the system."

She got logged back in and it didn't show that my transaction went through, so she did it again - said she did the same tags / privileges and this time the credit card went through.   

Got 2 separate email receipts -  1 showing 2 DMPs, the 2nd showing 1.   So I went on-line and checked, and sure enough only had 1 listed.    Used the "contact us" link to submit a request to have someone contact me.    A day or so later, saw that there were 2 credit card charges, so called the toll-free number.

After 30-40 minutes on the phone, there was no resolution - "If you would have called back immediately, we could have refunded one of the charges, but now the State has to do it. ".   "Can't help you with the 2nd DMP, it wasn't requested by the agent.".   "We'll contact the state, and someone will contact you... Typical BS from a 3rd party call-center that isn't authorized to do much.

When my tags came in the mail, there was a (518) area code # listed to contact regarding any licensing issues.   Called it, and got ahold of someone; just by the way he answered the phone and  conducted himself, he wasn't a customer service representative - but wow, within 10 minutes (including transferring me to someone in accounting) he had things straightened out.  A few hours later, the system showed a "DMP Correction Tag #2" and within 2 days, I was refunded the second charge. 

Insane