Hornady SST bullets

Mike32

1 hour ago, silent death said:

Used the sst sabot slugs out of my shotgun and loved the holes they left in deer but it's sad to say they sucked out of the muzzloader not sure why but they didnt expand very well even using 150gr of triple seven pellets

I agree with you that the Hornady 12ga 300gr SST  and the 20ga 250gr SST sabot slugs work great . Extremely accurate with great expansion and a nice exit hole every time. Shot at least 15 deer with the SST shotgun sabots and all had great blood trails . Most didn't go 30 yards before collapsing. I did have one go 250 yards before it died because I only hit one lung. But I had a blood trail a blind man could follow.

I have not used any of the Hornady SST muzzle loader projectiles except the 240gr XTP with the green sleeve. I shot 3 deer with this round and all with the same result . Devastating wound channels with big exit holes. One looked like a golf ball blew out of the deer's side and the other 2 had exit holes the size of a silver dollar. This bullet loads well and is deadly accurate.

Edited by SportsmanNH
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, suburbanfarmer said:

Each barrel likes different fodder :)

Very true....I had a 12 gauge fully rifled bbl for my Rem 1100 that wouldn't group  Rem copper solids on a paper plate at 75 yards, but it shot little tiny groups at 100 with Win BRI standard velocity sabots...    

• Like 2