West Virginia

Just Lucky

We leave tomorrow morning for french creek West Virginia for our 25th wedding anniversary.  We debated on heading to Maine,  or Kentucky but decided on a cabin in French Creek.

Gonna take the wife to the trans-allegany lunatic asylum. Also gonna spend time in the George Washington national forest, and stonewall Jackson park.

Hope to find ammo while down there.

• Like 5

Still my favorite state! We used to go every summer to Elkins not far from where you are going. We had family friends that lived there. Swimming, fishing, hiking and camping in the mountain tops. I wish I could go back 25 years to have one last trip !

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Enigma said:

May the force be with you and your massive set of brass. And bless your awesome wife lol. Beautiful country, enjoy you trip. 

Her idea to go. I am interested in seeing the architect in the place though. Suppose to be the largest handcrafted limestone building in north America,  and 2nd in the world, only to the kremlin in Moscow 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Just Lucky said:

We leave tomorrow morning for french creek West Virginia for our 25th wedding anniversary.  We debated on heading to Maine,  or Kentucky but decided on a cabin in French Creek.

Gonna take the wife to the trans-allegany lunatic asylum. Also gonna spend time in the George Washington national forest, and stonewall Jackson park.

I have quite a bit of family in the Buckhannon area. If I recall correctly. there is a decent nature center/zoo down there. Check out Audra State Park, you can do some tubing/swimming in the river. Also, have a fresh pepperoni roll for me while you are there. 

• Like 1

Met my wife (she’s really from Mass.) of 20 years in Dodge County West Virginia as she was on staff at a “habitat for humanity” type place where I brought high school kids for a week along service project and retreat.
Love them country roads!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wife,sister,cousin, it all flys in West Virginia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1