Could be interesting

moog5050

And not in a good way.  Lol.  Lost my one property and first time ever, the farmer planted no crops on either side of my place.  WTH.   I always have beans and corn.  Well they just planted winter wheat on one side which could help late season.  So it’s been doe central with only little guys on camera.  I might just sit it out until rut which is fine since I have not been motivated.  But good news, God is watching over the property.  See photo.  Probably kill my biggest ever right there under His spotlight when I least expect it.  Lol

DE1423E0-93DD-4849-8339-B82ACAD15AB3.png

• Like 17

Doe draw bucks or so I’ve been told….

I can totally understand your lack of motivation Brian.   Hopefully as the leaves and temperatures start to fall your interest will peak.  

I’d put big money on Moog all day every day to be a pot winner, stay tuned!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Early season might be tough but you know as well as anyone that place is so reliable you can set a watch to it. You just know what you are in for - quiet, quiet, all heck breaks loose in there.

Oct 30-Nov 7 Cal East; Nov 4-15 Main trail and its offshoots.

Saw the wheat this weekend driving by - late season will be good, but I'd probably have a plan to stick into the interior/thicker spots. The yahoos with their "300 yd" muzzleloaders will be out scouring the fields late season so I bet the deer stick tight into your thick areas with the pressure awaiting dark.

The shifts are starting too so you'll be picking up bucks soon. Alot of displacement in the area with the gasline work going on down the road, so you might end up with some new big ones moving in. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, phade said:

Early season might be tough but you know as well as anyone that place is so reliable you can set a watch to it. You just know what you are in for - quiet, quiet, all heck breaks loose in there.

Oct 30-Nov 7 Cal East; Nov 4-15 Main trail and its offshoots.

Saw the wheat this weekend driving by - late season will be good, but I'd probably have a plan to stick into the interior/thicker spots. The yahoos with their "300 yd" muzzleloaders will be out scouring the fields late season so I bet the deer stick tight into your thick areas with the pressure awaiting dark.

The shifts are starting too so you'll be picking up bucks soon. Alot of displacement in the area with the gasline work going on down the road, so you might end up with some new big ones moving in. 

You are correct.   Unless I start seeing some bucks show earlier, I will likely just wait out the early season.  Not really interested in taking does or stinking the place up before real opportunities present.

It'll happen. When it pops in there, I'm not sure there is a better place in all of wNY to be in a stand. I do bet you get a really nice buck in there that you don't have history with. You're the second major parcel from where all that work is going on. Those deer that fall range where the work is going on have to go somewhere!

6 minutes ago, phade said:

It'll happen. When it pops in there, I'm not sure there is a better place in all of wNY to be in a stand. I do bet you get a really nice buck in there that you don't have history with. You're the second major parcel from where all that work is going on. Those deer that fall range where the work is going on have to go somewhere!

Hope you are right.   Surprisingly, the 20' stand has tons of daily doe/small buck activity now.  Perhaps a historically overlooked spot.

20 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Hope you are right.   Surprisingly, the 20' stand has tons of daily doe/small buck activity now.  Perhaps a historically overlooked spot.

Probably getting better too with the equipment work they did a few years back - I'm sure the big ones are not far off from showing up. Better be ready with lunches and snacks for some seat time when that happens lol. It'll get busy in there before too long. Good news is at least the drag shouldn't be too bad at that spot!

I bet that spot is probably going to be great for late season too...deer hooking in/out of the thick stuff toward the big field. Good idea to be watching that spot for sure.

Edit - I recall some daytime visits on cams between there and the RE stand - moving N/S. You might get an early shot there too at a buck. I forgot about that.

Edited by phade
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sodfather said:

Is this that spot that @TreeGuywas walking past deer patting them on the head and scratching behind their ears . 

This is not easy hunting like Mendon.   But it usually has some big boys running around.  Mostly thick thick wetlands next to ag.   And @TreeGuy is such a capable hunter that he can pet deer anywhere.