New to me truck

Swamp_bucks

I just posted a couple hours ago asking about the chevy avalanche. Well me and my FIL(who is a mechanic) went and looked it over.  Its a southern PA truck which drew me to it. Only bad spot of rust is a rocker panel which they had a new one. Everything works well on it, no dents, tailgate works, tonneau cover is great shape also had the carfax for it which I went through for 15 mins. Put it through the works test driving it and motor and transmission didn't skip a best. So once we got done with driving and talking I decided to buy it.

It's older but in great shape and will do what I need without breaking the bank.  After taxes,tags, warranty and purchase I'm only out 8200 which gives me a very tiny monthly payment.  

Time to get some blood in the bed.

Screenshot_20210907-184353_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210907-184342_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210907-184426_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210907-184412_Chrome.jpg

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, sbuff said:

I'm a chevy guy,but man they always have issues with rocker panels. They actually made a 3/4 ton avalanche with the big block 8.1 litre.

Looks clean from photos,best of luck and enjoy it .

Looks like passanger was replaced recently because it looked brand new and now with another new one on the driver side it should last as long as I own it.. 

24 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Nice looking rig......how many miles?

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

It's up there it has 150k but it will be my weekend vehicle. I kept my jeep to get back and forth to work because it gets 25/ gallon.  So I won't put many miles on the truck but it will be nice not needing to borrow a truck.  Hate having to ask people for help.  Between dump runs and house chores plus back roads for huntinf it will save my jeep and pay for itself.

• Like 1

It's up there it has 150k but it will be my weekend vehicle. I kept my jeep to get back and forth to work because it gets 25/ gallon.  So I won't put many miles on the truck but it will be nice not needing to borrow a truck.  Hate having to ask people for help.  Between dump runs and house chores plus back roads for huntinf it will save my jeep and pay for itself.

150k on an 02!? Shoot that’s good. My 13 had 166k when I traded it in in January.

A always liked the look of the avalanche. I know a lot of people that it was cheesy but not me.

Congrats on the buy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

150k on an 02!? Shoot that’s good. My 13 had 166k when I traded it in in January.

A always liked the look of the avalanche. I know a lot of people that it was cheesy but not me.

Congrats on the buy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same I have a couple friends that hate them but I've always liked the looks of them also.