Fletch In The Field 21

Fletch

10/21 pm 68

Down in the outer Hole stand for 1.5 hours. I planned longer but it was so dark 15 minutes before sunset I could not see my pins lol.

I jumped one on the way in, just saw tail. Had a button walk down my trail right under me and had a small lone doe go through but the shot was not great and she was on the small side so I passed. Jumped 2 40 yards from the truck on way out.

10/23 am 43

Just a nice morning. A little light breeze. Had a few sprinkles. Very slow again until 8:45 and looked over my left shoulder and saw a bug body across the creek bottom maybe 120 yards out. Got the binos up and what a doozy of a buck. At least 8 points, wide and long. I only got a couple quick looks at him but I don’t have him on a cam. I gave a couple grunts to see if I could draw him. I was not too aggressive as he was heading into my down wind. He headed into the bowl where the creek bottom s’s back and forth all thick behind the neighbor’s houses. He could bed in there or keep slipping down the houses. Trying to figure out where to set up if he is in there and comes out tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

10/24 am 38

Down in the outer Hole stand for 3 hours. Had the on teeny tiny doe go by. Nothing else. I did bet a new ladder stand up at home mid day.

10/24 pm 58

Sat in the far stand past the Hole for 2.5 hours. Another zero. The neighbors prop near this stand which used to be fallow fiels is not building something over there. I am thinking it has the patterns shifted. Did get a pic of a shooter two nights ago near the outer Hole stand. Good to know he is around.

10/28 pm 56

Got out for 1.5 hours in the outer Hole stand. Less than 15 minutes and had a doe and fawn go by too far out. That was it for the sit. I jumped one right near the truck for the 3rd time. I am going to sit up there some evening in the next few days and watch the dang road!!

I am off tomorrow, and the next 5 Friday after that, so I will be at it hard the next 3 days. Hopefully we do not get too wet!

10/29 am 42

Was out behind the house in the far, Stone, stand. Was a nice morning with a bit of breeze. Not much going on so I was playing games on my phone. I know a bunch of you guys are dead against that but I find it keeps me still and in stand longer. I play for a couple minutes then scan for a couple minutes ..... Any how a nice busk got in closer than I would have liked before I saw him and he was angling in towards me at about 40 yards. Once he got behind some brush I got situated and turned around as he was headed to a lane behind me. Trying to swing my bow past the tree I just caught the tip and it knocked my arrow off and made a slight "ding". The buck stopped then turned angling away. Dang. I grunted and no go and then gave a snort wheeze as he was out 80 now and he did not like that and trotted off. Figured I blew my chance here... 5 minutes after that I had a 4 pointer walk down my left side at 20 yards. Then 45 minutes later I see the big buck walking from my back right parallel to my front about 90 yards out. I soft grunted a couple times and he stopped but not interested. He got out in front of me about 120 yards and puts up a doe and starts chasing her off out front. Well at least I know I did not bugger him out. After about 15-20 minutes I see that or a  new doe milling around out front still at 120 or so just for a minute. 20 minutes after that I hear some crashing out front left but cant see anything. It is kind of windy now so its fairly loud in the woods. I then hear more crashing off left and see deer run behind me. It is the big buck followed by a spike. I grunt again and they are milling around 40 yards or so. The big one is just over 40 with his head behind a tree and I have a clear window. He was relaxed and had  no idea I was there and my pin was rock steady and I felt real comfortable with the shot. I saw it hit him just about perfect. Maybe an inch low. He took off and I was pretty certain I heard him crash but waited an hour anyway. It was an easy track. He went maybe 140 yards shot through the heart. He is the split brow 10 I had pics of all summer. Dressed out 160 pounds. Is a 9 point as one split is not an inch.

• Like 6

Congrats on the buck. Heck of a hole in the side. WhaT broadhead are ya using?

thanks, I use the 2 blade Rage. I know some don’t like them but I have never had any problems with them. Great blood trails!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

thanks, I use the 2 blade Rage. I know some don’t like them but I have never had any problems with them. Great blood trails!

They definitely painted the ground and did the job. Congrats again on a stud of a buck.

• Like 1

10/30 pm 54

Set up a pop up on the top side of the hole prop. 150 yards from where I park the truck and keep jumping them on way out.
Got into a fight with the pop up as it did not want to pop lol. One broken support and a 20 inch rip later we came to a draw. I’ll need some patch tape next trip lol. Sat two hours and nada.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11/3 am 38

Sat for 2 hours in the outer Hole stand. Wind was all over the place. Had a small doe and a fawn come by just as I was getting ready to leave. A bit too far out. Not sure if I would have shot her if close enough she was pretty small and her fawn was tiny. I don't usually have an issue making orphans but this fawn was maybe 45-50 pounds wet.