Fletch In The Field 21

Fletch

11/4 am 33

Sat in the Double stand past the Hole. Was a nice cold morn. Sat 2 hours and nothing. Got down and about 150 yards out I spotted a deer off to my right. I think it was a 1.5 buck. Very light colored. I continue to see more deer from 8:30 to 10 than dawn to 8:30.  

• Like 1

11/5 pm 48

Hit my natural ground blind setup over a swamp on state land for 2-5 hours. Hit a couple fresh scrapes on way in. Took a few minutes to throw some fresh dead sticks and such to spruce it up from last year. After a half hour I hear something behind me and had another hunter headed my was. Gave him a whistle and he headed off. A bit after that a button worked through browsing in the same area. Right as it was getting dark I could hear own coming along the creek bottom but I lost light too quick. It busted me leaving and blew a bunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11/7 am 28

First friggin frost! I had one go right through a lane at first legal but still to dim to shoot or even properly identify. I thought it might be a button. Couple minutes later a second came through a fawn so figure the first was a small doe. Sat for the next 4 hours and nothing but squirrels.

11/7 pm 

Out in the Stone stand out back for 2 hours. My son was out for his first sit in the tower. About 15 minutes before too dark to shoot I had a nice buck looked like a real good 7-8 point chase a doe by on my left about 100 yards out. He chased her up and around for a couple minutes and I was hoping they would go by the tower but no luck. 

11/8 am 38

I put my brother in the Stone stand from last night and I set up in the Bowl stand about 300 yards from him. Hoping the hot doe was still around with suitors but no such luck. We did bump deer just off the lawn coming in and another just off to the right. None blew or took off too hard. Sat 2 hours and had to split to work.

• Like 1

11/9 am 44

Hit out back again with my brother, I put him in the far Stone stand and I sat in the Duke. He had no action. I had a button work by me at 20 yards first then a bit later a unicorn spike that wandered around me for over 15 minutes. He went past then circled back and stood 15 feet in front of me. He was following some scent. I had notices a mucked up area by the creek 30 yards in front of me and he was interested in it too. When I got down I went over to investigate and it was all torn up by a buck fight. I could see where the imprint of the side of one body had fell over in the mud at one point. It had to be from last night as it was not there yesterday.

11/10 am 47

Sat for 2 hours in the middle Hole stand. I had one doe fawn ease past me early. Mom must be with the boys. A little later I saw one way out go by another stand. Did not get a good look at it.

This buck went by this stand yesterday at 1:30pm

11/11/21 am 34

I was in the outer Hole stand and my brother in the double past the Hole. I had one walk under me before light. Certain it was a buck but not sure how big. After a while I heard my brothers crossbow shoot and see a deer run from out by his stand about 300 yards away. He hit the big 8 I had on cam and it fell within sight. I did see a spike after that and one running in the thick. Then went over to see the buck. Beautiful 3.5 yo 8 point. Dressed 166 pounds. He has been out 7-8 times and this is the first deer he has seen all bow and he leaves for a Hawaii trip tomorrow am and won't be back until after bow is over so way to be down to the wire!! I only stayed in stand 1.5 hours.

• Like 4

One heck of a nice buck there ! Congrats to your brother !

But I have to ask , how the heck did you hear his crossbow shoot from 300 yards away?   You have supersonic hearing or something ? 

Heck , I cant hear my wife asking me to do an errand from 30 feet away . Oh wait , thats selective hearing so that dont count . LOL

Edited by SportsmanNH
  • Like 2

One heck of a nice buck there ! Congrats to your brother !
But I have to ask , how the heck did you hear his crossbow shoot from 300 yards away?   You have supersonic hearing or something ? 
Heck , I cant hear my wife asking me to do an errand from 30 feet away . Oh wait , thats selective hearing so that dont count . LOL

It was quiet this morning and I heard the thwap and looked out across and saw the deer run through the hardwoods. I do know his crossbow is louder than my mission. And my eyesight might suck but my hearing is just fine lol.

• Like 2

11/12 pm 54

Hit my ground set above the swamp on state. Sat 3 hours and at 4 heard crashing and saw a couple flashes of a chase way back in the swamp. Nothing ever came out. Just at dark a few turkeys roosted 70-80 yards away.

11/14 am 38
Sat out back in the Duke. Saw one cross an opening too my left but never saw it’s head. I had a busted up small buck pass a camera a bit down that makes me think it was him. Also saw my fisher for the first time this year. Sat 3 hours then went and trimmed out a gun lane by the tower.