Adirondack weekend warrior new to the site

ognennyy

Hey guys.  I'm a 7th season mostly bow hunter, born and raised in central NY but I live in the capital region now for work.  I hunt a few times a year with hometown buddies over in 6K but do most of my hunting in Wilcox Lake Wild Forest.  Call me a masochist, I like the challenge that Adirondack hunting represents and I enjoy being in the woods.

I've killed six deer in my time so far but never one up in the Adirondacks.  That's my personal goal right now; to kill a deer of any sex, any age, using any weapon in any season, up inside the blue line in true Adirondack fashion.  Provided it's a legal combination of those factors, of course.

I look forward to meeting other NY hunters.  Cheers.

Edited by ognennyy
After re-reading it sounded a little suspect
  • Like 8

Welcome in!  Hope to see pics of your Dacks deer down!  

I passed on a 3 point last year the one day i hunted in the Dacks.  In hindsight i should have shot it.  Any buck from the Dacks is a trophy and it was such a nice day of still hunting.  Well maybe this year he will be a bit bigger!  I plan on being up there for at least one day again this season.  

2 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Welcome. Tough hunting up there. Where abouts from Central NY are you from. I grew up in Herkimer

Hey Culver I grew up in Camden.  I used to spend some time in the Herkimer area.  One of my aunts is from there.  Nice quiet town like Camden. 

Welcome aboard here!

Please check out the forum section here on backwoods hunting, there is a group of us that hunt the remote Adirondacks and info is shared.

There is a learning curve for North and one needs a willingness to put in the miles.

Best of luck this fall and get out there after them and enjoy a nice day in the woods remote from the world.....