Buying Land

Five Seasons

I guess I was fortunate.  My 40acres is surrounded by a no hunting preserve and Ag lands.   It’s a mix of wetlands and woods and because of the wetlands I only pay $900 a year in taxes.  Always has plenty of deer and nice bucks come rut.   Plus it’s about 35 min from home.   Can’t build on it but it works well and is affordable for hunting land near home.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, moog5050 said:

I guess I was fortunate.  My 40acres is surrounded by a no hunting preserve and Ag lands.   It’s a mix of wetlands and woods and because of the wetlands I only pay $900 a year in taxes.  Always has plenty of deer and nice bucks come rut.   Plus it’s about 35 min from home.   Can’t build on it but it works well and is affordable for hunting land near home.  

And deer moving most of the day.  As I was typing.  

2B84AD52-1996-4942-9771-F5AB0707BC1C.png

• Like 4

On 9/10/2021 at 2:08 PM, moog5050 said:

this is similar to what I'm looking at. A chunk of land surrounded by ag and woods, albeit hunted by others. 

18 hours ago, moog5050 said:

That’s a Browning. 

i just put out 5 ridgelines on 2 different properties and 2 are giving me issues with syncing. One has frozen twice on me now and when I went to check it, it's unresponsive. I actually have to eject the battery tray to get it to work. Ever had this issues?

3 minutes ago, Belo said:

i just put out 5 ridgelines on 2 different properties and 2 are giving me issues with syncing. One has frozen twice on me now and when I went to check it, it's unresponsive. I actually have to eject the battery tray to get it to work. Ever had this issues?

Nope.  My brownings ran flawlessly all last season and so far this season.   I think they are strike force models.

28 minutes ago, Belo said:

Where'd you buy them?

16 hours ago, phade said:

I was going to suggest reaching out to them as they might be able to offer post sale support, but that is unlikely lol. Maybe return them if Browning can't troubleshoot. At least one benefit of Amazon.

16 hours ago, moog5050 said:

You know, I just recalled that I had an issue with one syncing after I restarted my subscription this year.  I called browning and they had to do a reset on their end. It was quick and painless.  

I was on hold for a while yesterday (monday lol). I'm going to try again today.

Got a hold of Browning/Prometheus today and there's a firmware update that's not posted online... which I told them was annoying as now I have to go visit these 5 cams with the sd card. Odd too that this isn't something that can be done remotely. 

This is supposed to fix some pixilation issues too, but I'm annoyed as I specifically checked for updates before I put these out.