New York law phases out most gas-powered vehicles by 2035

30 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Cracks me up,now you guys are concerned about the environment? Not when driving your cars though,that is fine. How much fuel is used to get the oil out of the ground and transported?

I'm not concerned one bit about the environment,  I'm concerned about the government making up lies as a reason to get their hands on more of our money.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Cracks me up,now you guys are concerned about the environment? Not when driving your cars though,that is fine. How much fuel is used to get the oil out of the ground and transported?

Comparatively little if it's transported by pipelines.  Lithium has to be shipped overland in trucks or trains.  And oil flows from the ground quite easily, lithium has to me strip mined.

We are concerned about the environment as much as we ever were, but the greenies are lying about their concern for the environment, because they are covering up known problems.

2 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

I'm not concerned one bit about the environment,  I'm concerned about the government making up lies as a reason to get their hands on more of our money.

I dislike electric cars. They are too expensive,  and as of now, too unreliable.   Regardless of how I feel, they will be the future of transportation and there will be alot of money to be made because of them. In my field, I have chosen to get in front of most technicians for financial reasons. 

As time goes on, I have replaced air and power tools with battery powered. That technology has come far in the last decade,  as automotive will too.

If you're into torque, and speed check out the electric supercars. Combustion engines can not produce the instinct torque that an electric motor can. They are pretty impressive.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Just Lucky said:

I dislike electric cars. They are too expensive,  and as of now, too unreliable.   Regardless of how I feel, they will be the future of transportation and there will be alot of money to be made because of them. In my field, I have chosen to get in front of most technicians for financial reasons. 

As time goes on, I have replaced air and power tools with battery powered. That technology has come far in the last decade,  as automotive will too.

If you're into torque, and speed check out the electric supercars. Combustion engines can not produce the instinct torque that an electric motor can. They are pretty impressive.  

I work in the auto industry ,I'm familiar with electric cars . It drives me insane that nobody is publicly asking questions about the process for dealing with spent cells , the lack of infrastructure for delivering electricity for everyone to charge their cars . The fact they create so much more pollution to manufacture and continue to produce by being charged . 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2021 at 4:37 AM, Jeremy K said:

I work in the auto industry ,I'm familiar with electric cars . It drives me insane that nobody is publicly asking questions about the process for dealing with spent cells , the lack of infrastructure for delivering electricity for everyone to charge their cars . The fact they create so much more pollution to manufacture and continue to produce by being charged . 

Thats why im buying a nuclear car

• Haha 1

All you ever need to know about gas prices, mileage taxes and Biden's push for electric cars.  None of it is good.

https://patriotpost.us/articles/83380-rising-gas-prices-tax-the-middle-class-2021-10-12?mailing_id=6191&utm_medium=email&utm_source=pp.email.6191&utm_campaign=digest&utm_content=body

In short, Biden is flying the green flag of "saving the planet," but his policies are costing every American higher prices to fill up their gas tanks and heat their homes, as well as creating a myriad of other inflationary factors, all while weakening U.S. national security as we become more energy dependent again. Anyone still thinking the Bad Orange Man was all that bad?

Edited by Grouse

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

All you ever need to know about gas prices, mileage taxes and Biden's push for electric cars.  None of it is good.

https://patriotpost.us/articles/83380-rising-gas-prices-tax-the-middle-class-2021-10-12?mailing_id=6191&utm_medium=email&utm_source=pp.email.6191&utm_campaign=digest&utm_content=body

In short, Biden is flying the green flag of "saving the planet," but his policies are costing every American higher prices to fill up their gas tanks and heat their homes, as well as creating a myriad of other inflationary factors, all while weakening U.S. national security as we become more energy dependent again. Anyone still thinking the Bad Orange Man was all that bad?

It's only going to get worse the more spending money they lose from fuel taxes

On 9/30/2021 at 6:40 PM, BowmanMike said:

Wait a minute.......When you say "you guys" am I to believe that you do not drive cars. Knock off the hypocrisy. Do you put your money and actions where your mouth is, or just blow off blather about..."you guys" while puffing out all the hydrocarbons that everyone else does?

When are you going to start bicycling back and forth to work. Or do you intend to get a horse and buggy? Climate control talk makes you feel real good but really means absolutely nothing unless you start doing things that you demand of all the others that you rail against.

In the meantime, you might start trying to pay a little attention to details of what you are proposing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

Wait a minute.......When you say "you guys" am I to believe that you do not drive cars. Knock off the hypocrisy. Do you put your money and actions where your mouth is, or just blow off blather about..."you guys" while puffing out all the hydrocarbons that everyone else does?

When are you going to start bicycling back and forth to work. Or do you intend to get a horse and buggy? Climate control talk makes you feel real good but really means absolutely nothing unless you start doing things that you demand of all the others that you rail against.

In the meantime, you might start trying to pay a little attention to details of what you are proposing.

Did I say I walk everywhere? I might go places on my high horse,but that's it.

I pay attention to details, do you?

I think cars in general are a stupid invention,electric or gas powered. We have to move 1 to 2 tons of mass to move 1 human most of the time? Now that is not a smart move no matter how it is powered.

Most people will spend more money on vehicles in their lifetime than on their house. That is ludicrous to me,there have to be better ways. Bicycling is pretty good actually,and public transport would be too if more emphasis would be put on it. I do realize it is much harder to do in rural areas as I live in one. But keeping the status quo doing is crazy.  Keep doing the same thing and expect a different outcome?

3 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

I think cars in general are a stupid invention,electric or gas powered. We have to move 1 to 2 tons of mass to move 1 human most of the time? Now that is not a smart move no matter how it is powered.

Most people will spend more money on vehicles in their lifetime than on their house. That is ludicrous to me,there have to be better ways. Bicycling is pretty good actually,and public transport would be too if more emphasis would be put on it. I do realize it is much harder to do in rural areas as I live in one. But keeping the status quo doing is crazy.  Keep doing the same thing and expect a different outcome?

Driving is just plain fun if you drive the right vehicle. 

On 10/15/2021 at 3:48 PM, BowmanMike said:

If we appoint Fauchi and the Communist Chinese in charge of population control, the population will decrease enough so we can still drive dinosaur powered vehicles in 2035 !

4 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

Everybody has to have a dream,right?

Their dream, any sane persons nightmare.

They can spew out any type of claim they want, but there's no way it's going to be all electric in our lifetime, as the elctric grid is overworked as it is and adding more of a drain on it will shut it down.

Solar can only go so far and all other so called "green" energy is to costly to produce.

Since large animals are being deemed "carbon" emitters from the eco leftists, pedal powered travel seems to be the only option, but then again, the exertion when pedaling emits more carbon into the atmosphere too !

Send in Fauci !!!!!! 

On 10/15/2021 at 3:48 PM, BowmanMike said:

And one of the details is that you used the term, "you guys" indicating you were intentionally excluding yourself from that gang of polluters that use gasoline to powered transportation.

As far as your condemnation of cars as being  "stupid invention", I must say that this would certainly be a pretty backward world without them.

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

And one of the details is that you used the term, "you guys" indicating you were intentionally excluding yourself from that gang of polluters that use gasoline to powered transportation.

As far as your condemnation of cars as being  "stupid invention", I must say that this would certainly be a pretty backward world without them.

You guys was meant to indicate certain people sudden concern for the environmental impacts of electric vehicles vs gas-powered vehicles. I never heard "them" question the environmental costs of gas powered cars. 

Anyway,something needs to be done or we as humans will drive of the cliff,with a smile on our faces because driving is soo fun.

But I seriously doubt anything of real consequence will be accomplished. I will say it again, very happy to not have kids that will have to live through the next 50 years.