New York law phases out most gas-powered vehicles by 2035

2 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

You guys was meant to indicate certain people sudden concern for the environmental impacts of electric vehicles vs gas-powered vehicles. I never heard "them" question the environmental costs of gas powered cars. 

Anyway,something needs to be done or we as humans will drive of the cliff,with a smile on our faces because driving is soo fun.

But I seriously doubt anything of real consequence will be accomplished. I will say it again, very happy to not have kids that will have to live through the next 50 years.

If you believe that humans are warming the earth then i have a bridge for sale if you're interested. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

I will say it again, very happy to not have kids that will have to live through the next 50 years.

While I’m happy you didn’t reproduce as well ,did you ever think your kids may very well have gone on to solve the very problems you’re concerned about ? 

Our children have been a true blessing and joy , and have done much good along the way, from volunteering in an orphanage in Haiti to building Habitat for Humanity homes . Oh and Trump voters ! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Nomad said:

While I’m happy you didn’t reproduce as well ,did you ever think your kids may very well have gone on to solve the very problems you’re concerned about ? 

Our children have been a true blessing and joy , and have done much good along the way, from volunteering in an orphanage in Haiti to building Habitat for Humanity homes . Oh and Trump voters ! 

Happy for you Larry,there is always hope. 

I am an optimist in the day to day life,but we humans seem pretty dumb right now. 

And @Jeremy K,it does not surprise me at all that you think burning the world's reserves of fossil fuel that took millions of years to form in a meager 150 yesrs has no impact whatsoever on the environment. I bet you did great in science in high school.

35 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Happy for you Larry,there is always hope. 

I am an optimist in the day to day life,but we humans seem pretty dumb right now. 

And @Jeremy K,it does not surprise me at all that you think burning the world's reserves of fossil fuel that took millions of years to form in a meager 150 yesrs has no impact whatsoever on the environment. I bet you did great in science in high school.

We're not even half way through the earths fossil fuels. The debt created by the biden administration will outlast the earths fossil fuel reserves. 

• Like 5

The electric cars are a long way from clean. Biggest issue is storage of energy.

Fossil fuels are currently more efficient and viable. 

I do not like the mandates for renewable energy,  but I do like alternatives.  Competition is good for consumers.  If government would stay out of the business, all Americans would benefit from combustion engines, and electric motors.

Mandates are going to drive the cost up of both fossil fuels, and renewable energy. If left up to private sector fossil fuels will phase out on their own. Alot more "now" power can be created with electric.  Fossil fuels currently are more of a stable power.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Grouse said:

Cool Stat. Manufacturing JUST the battery for an electric car produces the same amount of CO2 as a gas engine does in 8 YEARS!!

Not to mention the slave labor used to make them too !

But that's OK, because it's slaves working to combat climate change and it's for the common good.

Edited by Shoots100
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Shoots100 said:

Not to mention the slave labor used to make them too !

But that's OK, because it's slaves working to combat climate change and it's for the common good.

Heya, dont you enjoy  cheap stuff from places like Walmart? Why so opposed to slave labor all of a sudden?

11 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

Heya, dont you enjoy  cheap stuff from places like Walmart? Why so opposed to slave labor all of a sudden?

Speak for yourself, As I don't shop at Wallmart, Amazon or any other place that supports your masters and puts local shops out of business.

There's no way to not buy something made in or that has parts made in China, but I do my best to limit buying those items.

It irks me that my and my businesses tax dollars are being used by the liberals to support China and their cronies with foreign aid, even the countries that have sworn death to America.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

All sanity is put aside, if the end goal is deemed a supposed benefit for the Chillllldrrrrreeen, Common good of society and the Planet.

As long as the caring imbeciles feel and look politically correct now, who cares about the future ecological disaster when all of the batteries that power these vehicles need to be disposed of.

Not to mention the harsh mining processes that are being used to extract them from Mother Natures Womb.

Looks like a Win for everyone.