Pre Season Honey Do List

The_Real_TCIII

After I close the pool each September (9/8 this year), I start banging out the wife's wants before hunting takes over. This year, in no particular order:

1. Apple picking
  2. Winery
  3. Family Vaca (newport RI this year)
  4. Orchards trips
  5. Baby playdates
  6. Dinner dates
  7. Lunch dates
  8. Etc., Etc., Etc.

This will give me 3-4 hours every sunday to Watch the Chiefs and 25-30 "sits" for hunting between 10/1 and 12/31.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

After I close the pool each September (9/8 this year), I start banging out the wife's wants before hunting takes over. This year, in no particular order:

1. Apple picking
  2. Winery
  4. Orchards trips
  5. Baby playdates
  6. Dinner dates
  7. Lunch dates
  8. Etc., Etc., Etc.

This will give me 3-4 hours every sunday to Watch the Chiefs and 25-30 "sits" for hunting between 10/1 and 12/31.

Wow Biz she's a slave driver. Lol. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

2 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Wow Biz she's a slave driver. Lol. 

I was looking for the actual jobs on that list too,haha. 

I am supposed to reside and insulate two sides of the house,finish splitting the firewood(our sole source of heat)and bring it all into our basement and keep finishing paid work projects as well. 

Needless to say,it will not be done before Oct. 1st, but it will get done before Nov. 1st.  I don't have to go far to hunt,so I will be able to fit some morning and afternoon sits in,and maybe all day ones towards the end of October.

Plus every time I knock an item off the list two new ones appear.

• Like 1

1. Apple picking
  2. Winery
  4. Orchards trips
  5. Baby playdates
  6. Dinner dates
  7. Lunch dates
  8. Etc., Etc., Etc.

Nothing on this list is unpleasant at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

I just had the driveway sealed last Friday and stained the deck a month ago.  New family room windows will be coming in the end of this month, hopefully we (me and a couple guys from work) can get them installed fairly soon after.  

I’d KILL to have my dream team of Dinsdale and Taco Tim install them while I kept them hydrated and nourished instead!!  

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I am doing ok.  I took the pool down last Wed, burned 1/2 of a vacation day taking our youngest for her road test in Buffalo last Thursday (I thank the Lord that she passed), and I  took my wife up to the Adirondacks to see her folks and secured our winter's fish supply over the holiday weekend.

Within the next few minutes, I should have enough packs of corn in the freezer for the winter, and I hope to begin gathering our red meat supply tommorow.   Hopefully, she will be thankfull.

Not much time left because pre season ends for me 1/2 hour before sunrise tommorow.

Edited by wolc123

I am getting some good mileage out of my barn demolition project, when it comes to the honey do list.  I keep telling her that she can add to the list when she looks out the back window and doesn't see anything left of my great great grandpa's old barn.

Maybe I got time to pull a siding board or two yet this afternoon.  

20210228_133314.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Whos got one? I just checked off "Seal the patio"8bbe7dfd87829a2c05bead94c3b3c13e.jpg

891639cd5792be75bf3ece46c14d304e.jpg

b4f58b48794909104f57cf72a87736f6.jpg

And yes I painted my Permethrin into a corner

Did you strip it first? My patio needs it, and I'm not sure of the process. 

5 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

I am getting some good mileage out of my barn demolition project, when it comes to the honey do list.  I keep telling her that she can add to the list when she looks out the back window and doesn't see anything left of my great great grandpa's old barn.

20210228_133314.jpg

Bet that wood is worth a ton of Money ..... just sayin !

42 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

20210228_133314.jpg

I drove by your house at least ten times this week; 4 yesterday and twice today at a minimum.  How the heck can that thing NOT fall on its own?!?!

Edited by Lawdwaz

2 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

I just had the driveway sealed last Friday and stained the deck a month ago.  New family room windows will be coming in the end of this month, hopefully we (me and a couple guys from work) can get them installed fairly soon after.  

I’d KILL to have my dream team of Dinsdale and Taco Tim install them while I kept them hydrated and nourished instead!!  

And Id love to help you out too.

But 11 days left of my boss giving me a to do list and I'm on a plane for my opening day.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I assume you’re joking? I enjoy all them and all include beers!

No lists for current house as we are still looking to buy and sell if we can find something we like.

Lol. Yeah just a bit. That doesn't sound like a honey do list.  It sounds like vacation plans. 

But awesome your gonna get out and do all that with the family. Good plans all of them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

I drove by your house at least ten times this week; 4 yesterday and twice today at a minimum.  How the heck can that thing NOT fall on its own?!?!

It's really not still standing all on it's own.  I have a length of 5/8" wire rope attached between the back main cross beam and a big pear tree out back.

It is leaning the opposite way, towards the house and my new pole barn.   My plan is to finish stripping the siding, cut out a few diagonal braces, and pull it down backwards with my largest tractor and another wire rope and snatch block (to double my pull force).

It should miss the house, if the rope breaks, or the pear tree uproots, but it will likely take out our favorite shade tree and the front porch of the new pole barn.  The twin to it fell down on it's own while I was at work, damaging the shade tree a bit. 

I had to get that one out of the way first, to make room for the new barn.  There is no similar urgent need to get this one down. I was hoping to do it prior to deer hunting, but this early antlerless season has thrown a wrench in those plans.  I may just have to wait for the snow load to bring it down now.

Stop in, on one of your many passings, and check it out over a beer.  The fridge is stocked with 5 kinds of Genny.

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1