Pre Season Honey Do List

The_Real_TCIII

13 hours ago, Nomad said:

The “ key “ is to reinforce the jams and hinges , locks matter little it’s always the jams that fail with a kick or two . At least a six inch strike plate mortised into the jam ,and six, four inch screws that go into the stud and not just the half inch trim piece .

Ive done this on every door at my home and every apartment my kids rented .

That works great on a single door but this door with the 14" side lights there is no way to reinforce the dead bolt. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

That works great on a single door but this door with the 14" side lights there is no way to reinforce the dead bolt. 

I was speaking in general terms, to Biz asking about locks . This product is wonderful, but you can’t use it on the door you leave through . My daughter has them on all three doors, when they leave it’s through the door into the garage as the garage is locked as well once the overhead door goes down . Plus all jams are reinforced. 

Nice work on that entry way !

https://nightlock.com/door-security-devices/residential/nightlock-original/

I was speaking in general terms, to Biz asking about locks . This product is wonderful, but you can’t use it on the door you leave through . My daughter has them on all three doors, when they leave it’s through the door into the garage as the garage is locked as well once the overhead door goes down . Plus all jams are reinforced. 
Nice work on that entry way !
https://nightlock.com/door-security-devices/residential/nightlock-original/

I have Same thing as Tacks. I was just curious on locks because I’ve seen a lot of smart locks with keypads lately when we look at houses to potentially buy

e3b181abbd34c04e951a74e9f3365bc4.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...