Who's not even close to ready.....

mowin

I never really feel fully ready as there are so many chores for camp that need completion, I also trap so that gear needs prep, I used to run 4 dogs and waterfowl hunt, bow and muzzle hunt still right into regular season ends.

If all that wasn't enough I tie salmon/steelhead flies and drag the drift boat to the Salmon River to play for a while.

By the middle of December my truck looks and smells great from all the gear and dirt accumulated....

Maybe some year I'll scale back and only follow one season..................nah....fall is just too dam short for all the fun !!

Not being ready is some of the fun now.....

And if I get bored I can always come here and banter with the Biden supporters (diminishing numbers daily) and left wingers; if that gets boring I jump onto the COVOD, mask and vaccine debates and enjoy the "facts" brought to those discussions....

Gotta go tie some flies and get READY for fall !! :danced:

• Like 1

On 9/15/2021 at 8:48 PM, Chef said:

I believe he is shooting a mission manic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My nephew is shooting the mission. It will be his second season with it hopefully he will connect this season. 

I'm shooting a PSE stinger. 

• Like 1

I thought I was ready until I was messing around with my neighbors climber yesterday and decided to order one.  Summit viper SD is on the way and I’m ready to be more mobile and explore some remote spots.  Any tips on using and modifying are appreciated! 

I set up mine to be carried backpack style(I upgraded the straps with an old set of golf bag straps) with the V pointing up. Too many times did I high step over a log and wreck my ankles!

Practice!!! The foot platform will often be quite angled at the base of the tree to allow for the tree getting skinnier where you will have it when tied in.

I like my fanny pack instead of a backpack. Carry everything in front as climber is in the back. It also clips around the tree so I don’t bother with any screw-in hangers in tree.

Dark/camo athletic tape where the two portions “seat” together helps with some of the clanging. Some is inevitable

• Thanks 1

I’m not I thought I was ready and started to pack my backpack and lost motivation. Cant get jazzed up until I feel the cooler temps . 

I bet a giant buck on camera in 82 degree temps would change your mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I thought I was ready until I was messing around with my neighbors climber yesterday and decided to order one.  Summit viper SD is on the way and I’m ready to be more mobile and explore some remote spots.  Any tips on using and modifying are appreciated! 
I replaced the straps with backpack straps, replaced the seat with a hazmore mesh seat and replaced the cords with 3rd hand stabilizer straps. Works for me.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Between work,  soccer all day Saturday and softball all day Sunday added in still mowing the lawn twice a week I'm way behind .  Wife wants me to re open pool since its nice and we closed on 9/10. Not happening i said!! Hoping to get my ll bean boots waterproofed and gear in order soon . 

I finally got my new arrows cut yesterday. Shot a few groups until my shoulder said STOP...

All groups were under 2" at 20yrds. Have to get a new broadhead target before I try these muzzy fixed trocar. I can just about see through my old one. 

Going to move a couple stands and maybe that will help get me motivated.

For the love of all things bowhunting please get the stabilizer straps from thirdhandman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Thanks 1

i need to get this off my chest..... My buddy Corey hasnt even shot his bow yet.:sorry: it weighs on me....lol

He is actually juiced for the season and has been doing work on stands etc but just hasnt had any bowtime.   I am sure he will get out this weekend a bunch.  I am sure because i will stand outside his house and yell til he does!  

i need to get this off my chest..... My buddy Corey hasnt even shot his bow yet.:sorry: it weighs on me....lol

He is actually juiced for the season and has been doing work on stands etc but just hasnt had any bowtime.   I am sure he will get out this weekend a bunch.  I am sure because i will stand outside his house and yell til he does!  

I have a friend like this too. And yet, he’s a really good shot on live game and not as god on targets/3D.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I have a friend like this too. And yet, he’s a really good shot on live game and not as god on targets/3D.

Corey gets ONE shot every year.  No matter how much he hunts it seems like he gets ONE chance at a deer, its crazy.  He has made it count a few times and a few times not esp with the gun.  But i think he has gotten that monkey off his back.  

i think since he missed a huge buck on opening day one year 4 times, yes 4 time and i named it the "par five buck"  he has gotten better.  lol - it was tough love. 

• Like 1

I feel much better now after having done a proper shooting lane cut over the last week at my stands. 

Have been shooting almost daily for a month (shot 1x/2x a week in July and Early August) and dialed the BH in over the weekend as well. Plan to shoot from the treestand in the yard a little more frequently leading up to the opener.

Good luck all, its coming fast!