Who's not even close to ready.....

mowin

Between work,  soccer all day Saturday and softball all day Sunday added in still mowing the lawn twice a week I'm way behind .  Wife wants me to re open pool since its nice and we closed on 9/10. Not happening i said!! Hoping to get my ll bean boots waterproofed and gear in order soon . 
For the love of god.....once the pool is closed it stays closed.
Invested in a heater this year......projected closing date is Columbus weekend.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Jerkman said:

First 3 shots at 50 yards after doing an intial pin placement. Seems I got got the placement just right. I still think I have some work to do though, you tell me20210919_145737.jpg20210919_145743.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/thejerkman

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

if your standing in the same spot when shooting these you need a paper tune badly!  lol   other wise from 50 pretty damn solid!

• Like 1

if your standing in the same spot when shooting these you need a paper tune badly!  lol   other wise from 50 pretty damn solid!
No the reasoning why the angles are odd and I thought about editing my post was due to the first shot shifting the target so it was more at an angle. That's why there are two shots that are the same angle and the third (right side) is super hard angle into it. The hickory nuts that the target was on top of does not lend itself to a still target. If I used my bulldog target which weighs a freaking ton they'd have all been same angle. That said I'm likely never to shoot a deer at 50 yards. There is just far too much time for things to change and outside variables to act on the arrow in flight. But I do like shooting 50+ to help get nice and tight for the 40 or less shots. Just helps make the confidence so much better

https://www.instagram.com/thejerkman

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

• Like 1

I am pretty much ready I think. Bummed out a bit that I didn’t draw a KS tag this year though, as I look forward to a couple weeks there every year.
Bow shooting is going fine as I shoot all year round, pretty much three shots a day maybe four days a week, that keeps me in check. I may skip week now and then but not often.
Not excited about any bucks I seen so far in NY with the best being about a 125 inch 9 pointer…but who knows, I will still enjoy being out there.

I was out this morning and did some renovations on my brush blinds. A little late but the place is public land and gets pressure from people daily so I'm not overly concerned about getting it done this late.

I think I may head back over tomorrow and make one of them just a bit more secure with some wooden dowels.

I have nothing done on the NZ private land I hunt. Between squeezing things in when the weather was good, choirs around home, and camping I just ran out of time.

After living my entire life in western NY, I’ve spent the last 2 years in NC for work. Moving back to western NY at the end of September. My peep is twisted and I need a new rest. I don’t trust the shops here so I’ll be going back to my normal shop but I can’t make it there until first week of October. That means I’ll be sighting in first week of October. Not ideal. I’ve been blind bale shooting to keep loose, but I still have some work to do. I don’t plan on hunting until late October, so I have time but not much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

After living my entire life in western NY, I’ve spent the last 2 years in NC for work. Moving back to western NY at the end of September. My peep is twisted and I need a new rest. I don’t trust the shops here so I’ll be going back to my normal shop but I can’t make it there until first week of October. That means I’ll be sighting in first week of October. Not ideal. I’ve been blind bale shooting to keep loose, but I still have some work to do. I don’t plan on hunting until late October, so I have time but not much.

Welcome Back....what shop will you be going to once you get back?

Welcome Back....what shop will you be going to once you get back?

I’ve had good experiences at S&S. Already got permission to buy a bow next year so I might also try to get some intel on release dates for next year’s line up.

• Like 1

Isnt there a really famous shop in NC? Ill ask my buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Isnt there a really famous shop in NC? Ill ask my buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have no archery friends around here and the couple of folks at the gun range I asked weren’t into archery. If you have a recommendation I would gladly take it! It could mean an extra week of practice if I can get my bow worked on here before the move. We’re located in Charlotte currently.

1 hour ago, DIYhunter said:

I have no archery friends around here and the couple of folks at the gun range I asked weren’t into archery. If you have a recommendation I would gladly take it! It could mean an extra week of practice if I can get my bow worked on here before the move. We’re located in Charlotte currently.

image.png.7005b434bb7c857cedad1aa09c2ad0c1.png

Its gone! He said it was awesome. Sorry

1 step closer to the season.  Needed new totes for the house and a new one for my trip. Went to Walmart and got a good deal.  They had 40 gallon lock top totes on wheels on clearance for $15 each. I bought the last 4.  So now I have a new tote to fit all my hunting clothes in as well.

20210921_133611.jpg

Edited by Swamp_bucks

image.png.7005b434bb7c857cedad1aa09c2ad0c1.png

Its gone! He said it was awesome. Sorry

Ironically one of the neighbors I bugged to help me move stuff this weekend said he couldn’t because he would be ‘in the whitetail woods’. Say what!!?? I got a lead on a local shop today. Going to to get the peep and rest fixed tomorrow. (Barefoot archery in Charlotte). However I’m keeping expectations low because my neighbor said the bow tech revitalized his ‘30 year old bow’. Now I’m questioning how knowledgeable this guy is given that he’s using a bow that old. I didn’t get the warm and fuzzy feeling from the guy that answered the phone at the shop either. Tomorrow will tell the story. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 8:15 AM, biggamefish said:

I might not be ready!! Luckily I have a back up that I can use the same set up I was using!

20210918_090900.jpg

That stinks.  Delam?   I have had 3 recurves delam while shooting (all Border bows).   Its a scary experience.  I now stick with the slower but reliable black widows.

• Like 1

I feel somewhat less prepared than previous years but I've been shooting out to 40yrds and feel confident that anything that comes past my stand is in danger. I threw my test broadheads on for some practice yesterday and they are flying well. I'd like to add at least one more stand prior to the season but im not sure if it'll happen

Starting to catch up with my season prep a bit. Shooting out to 40 yards with the new broadheads, got all my things together, washed camo, and hung my boots outside. Still need to put up 2-3 more stands and trim around 5. Not too concerned if I don't have everything done by the opener. Cams aren't showing much activity and any shooters are only showing themselves at night still.

10 hours ago, moog5050 said:

That stinks.  Delam?   I have had 3 recurves delam while shooting (all Border bows).   Its a scary experience.  I now stick with the slower but reliable black widows.

Yup scary, punched myself in the face pretty good. Luckily I can take a hit or two!!!  Lol

• Haha 1