Who's not even close to ready.....

mowin

So back in June  I ordered 2 stands , one was delivered the other was lost.

A claim was made and replacement sent in a few days...

Fast forward 4 months..the sound of a truck pulling  in and beep of horn yields this mummy  delivery...20210928_135653.thumb.jpg.bd4c40eb262bd80e37f6116e8a403b1a.jpgbox beaten , super multi wrapped, nuts and bolts and parts falling out.. but the original lost stand is delivered..1632852586019.thumb.jpg.5e399a4e37cf85c20a899a7c8f6942d9.jpg missing nuts and bolts , and a couple of parts..  

Put my skills to work made missing parts ( could of called company I guess but season is 2 days away.) .  and a "new," stand is assembled and ready to go...  

Perhaps I'll get it up this weekend when I have help.

. Never expected a " bonus " stand.. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I felt very prepared for a friday evening hunt, but man did this week creep up on me. After a weekend in the daks, coming home monday evening and working, kids football etc. I'm now frantically doing loads of laundry and getting my bags and supplies in order. Thankfully I already checked for the consumables and did some purchasing earlier and got my license yesterday, but damn did it creep up fast. Still need to clean and deodorize the truck. 

• Like 1

I felt very prepared for a friday evening hunt, but man did this week creep up on me. After a weekend in the daks, coming home monday evening and working, kids football etc. I'm now frantically doing loads of laundry and getting my bags and supplies in order. Thankfully I already checked for the consumables and did some purchasing earlier and got my license yesterday, but damn did it creep up fast. Still need to clean and deodorize the truck. 
I'm in the same boat.......my use Friday to just get some Intel besides the what the cameras are picking up. Gonna flip a coin whether to take the bow(for deer) or .22(for squirrels)
Clothes are getting washed tonight after pouring 6.5 yards of concrete to finish my sidewalk and small landing area for my grill.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Clothes all washed and outer layers all hanging outside just freshly sprayed with Sawyers. Been shooting one 40 yard arrow every couple of hours for the past few days. Have not missed the 4 inch center ring yet. Pack is pretty packed up. I need to sharpen broadheads and I am ready.

Shot my bow over at the club Monday, shooting broadhead and hunting set up dead on at 30 yards. Even flung a few from 40 yards, that hit good! But actually looking for a chip shot under 20 yards at a deer. So, all set there.

Clothes all washed and sprayed with Sawyers. Boots and socks too. 

Pack all set. New batteries in my tracking lights, and rangefinder. Got a roll of blaze orange surveyor's tape to aid in tracking. 

Checked my HSS safety vest over for any rips or tears in the seams or straps. Checked and installed all safety lines last weekend.

Knives are all razor sharp.

All set to hunt for another season!!!

Not sure when I'll be out there though. Going on day trip this weekend with Mrs grampy. Have some work that needs to get done up at the farm too. Mid October.......maybe? Early season is usually pretty slow around here, except for flat tops over to the lake property. 

So we'll see?

• Like 3

Got wayyyy behind this year, but feel I'm getting my head above water finally. I have 4 stands and a blind 100% ready, but need to trim at 3 more stands. I don't intend on hunting much for ~2 weeks anyways. Cams aren't very active and so far any shooters have only been active at night. Might go out a couple of times, mainly for R&R and to get the bugs worked out for when it's "go time". Have the bow dialed in, camo all washed, and everything together. Thinking I'll be 100% ready by Sunday... 

• Like 1

I'm ready enough I guess , the only thing that has me on edge is not being able to find any 30 30 ammo for gun season this year.

I have like half a box to spare is you need… also there is a shop not too far from me that would probably have if you want me to buy a few boxes and send them to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Chef said:

I have like half a box to spare is you need… also there is a shop not too far from me that would probably have if you want me to buy a few boxes and send them to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can bribe him with ammunition but I still don’t think he’s going to get the jab . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Nomad said:

I need to,do that . My side hurts from taking out a window AC today , getting any sizable deer into the bed alone has been doable ,but not easy ! 

I just built this for that purpose. I used the top from a resin picnic table. It's 6 foot long by nearly 3 feet wide and has a 1 inch lip all the way around. I attached 8 eye bolts, 4 on either side, to hook strap to. Also attached PVC handles at the front and back to help with lifting. I should be able to strap a deer to it and slide it right into the bed of the truck.

IMG_20210929_191436516.jpg

• Like 2

I thought I was about ready but this week has been crazy. I still have not been able to pick up my new arrows,they are done. I hope the shop is open on Friday...I will miss opening day but get out this weekend to get things dialed in,and if a doe or buck happens to cruise by I will introduce them to my new broadheads.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

I thought I was about ready but this week has been crazy. I still have not been able to pick up my new arrows,they are done. I hope the shop is open on Friday...I will miss opening day but get out this weekend to get things dialed in,and if a doe or buck happens to cruise by I will introduce them to my new broadheads.

Where did you get your arrows from?

22 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

im so ready that i may have to come to all your houses tonite and yell at you like Sam Kinison until you get your @%$# together!   

I still haven't unpacked from hunting at my camp in Maine last year . :sorry:  But everything was washed before I packed up . :imsohappy:

New Hampshire muzzleloader starts Oct 30th so I have Plenty Of Time ! Its more fun when there is last minute panic involved ! :D

I am so ready, but waiting on delayed charter into camp as previous group is recovering a buffalo shot at last light yesterday. Its all good, tomorrow is first hunting day other then a few minutes to check rifle at camp all is well.

So im working on a new knife for this hunt with a stone i have along. Still needs some sanding and stone work, but getting there. Maple and tool steel.

20210930_141716.thumb.jpg.646eb5e5e9eaf4bdab03298c5deeb1a0.jpg

• Like 6