Who's not even close to ready.....

mowin

I only hunt the last two weeks of southern zone archery season (after crossbow opens). I still have to get those sighted in, hang a couple more stands, and trim a branch near another.

I should have plenty of time yet to get that stuff done, even after spending 9 days, up in the northern zone, for early ML week and opening weekend of gun.

I am also planning on squeezing in one last upper Niagara river fishing trip this Sunday (we have plenty of vacuum sealed bass in the freezer now but I am still looking for my first musky this year). Then I will get my big boat winterized.   

I will likely combine a squirrel hunt with a stand setup and branch trim over at my folks place next Saturday or Sunday afternoon, if the weather is favorable.

On 9/24/2021 at 8:12 AM, Jeremy K said:

I'm ready enough I guess , the only thing that has me on edge is not being able to find any 30 30 ammo for gun season this year.

I'm not looking to sell them, but I don't plan to hunt with either of my 30-30s this year. I have two boxes of Hornady Leverlution if you absolutely can't find any if that is your only rifle to hunt with.

• Like 1

What I’ve done today - Cleaned and organized hunting shed , New batteries in the range finders and head lamps , packs are all packed with pull ropes,  pruners,  bino’s  etc. safety harnesses checked ,broad heads are dead on with field points. Clothes have been hanging in the hunting shed since last season so they are aired out . I think I’m ready , my fist sit will be sat morning . 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 2

Gear got brought up from the basement. It will go into the truck either tonight or tomorrow night. About as ready as I'll get. A lot of stuff happening which doesn't have me overly excited for the start of the season. I'll probably take it slow at first until we get into the Rut. 

The baby has a slight fever so I volunteered to stay home with him.  That gives me two nap times worth of extra prep time today.  

Change of plans for opening day PM hunt, I’ll be taking the new climber to a small thicket that’s had does traveling through every night for the last 2 weeks.  I’ll take it for a test run in the yard today so have a slight idea what I’m doing. 

Had a lot going on here the past few days. Not sure I'm going to make out for the opening weekend. Last week i made a thing to help load deer into the back of the truck. Now that is loaded along with the deer cart. Clothes have been sitting outside for 3 days now, including getting rained on. Still have to pack my bag...

IMG_20210926_145535361_HDR.jpg

34 minutes ago, Bolt action said:

Last week i made a thing to help load deer into the back of the truck.

I need to,do that . My side hurts from taking out a window AC today , getting any sizable deer into the bed alone has been doable ,but not easy ! 

I lug them out in a Jet Sled , I need some sort of ramp or pipes to slide them up .