Boar Hunt

hawkenwoodsman

25 minutes ago, hawkenwoodsman said:

I went to tioga

You were only about 30 miles from my home....

I never hunted preserve hogs, but hunted free range hogs a few times in Georgia...Some of the best pork I ever had was from a 175 lb.  dry feral sow...  

I have heard the bigger boars get quite strong tasting, but never tried one..Biggest boar I ever  shot was 100 lb..   The meat wasn't bad but was beginning to get a little tangy...Not nearly as good as the sow...

Not to be rude but it’s one thing I can’t get behind. I mean it’s cool if you like it but it’s not hunting. It’s paying big money to shoot a farm animal…

Hey man if you wanna go on a goat or sheep hunt I only charge $300 100% success rate and if you want a real Challenge I will take the leash off and spank it so you get a running target.

Any way congrats on your harvest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

You were only about 30 miles from my home....

I never hunted preserve hogs, but hunted free range hogs a few times in Georgia...Some of the best pork I ever had was from a 175 lb.  dry feral sow...  

I have heard the bigger boars get quite strong tasting, but never tried one..Biggest boar I ever  shot was 100 lb..   The meat wasn't bad but was beginning to get a little tangy...Not nearly as good as the sow...

Where in Georgia I'm going to be moving to coastal Georgia below Savannah.

1 minute ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

1 minute ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

I was hunting a long way from the coast....South of Ft. Benning , right along the Alabama border...

However I suspect that feral hogs are present in most of Georgia, including the coastal areas..

54 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

I was hunting a long way from the coast....South of Ft. Benning , right along the Alabama border...

However I suspect that feral hogs are present in most of Georgia, including the coastal areas..

I was stationed at fort Benning and we had hogs around our perimeter. And armadillo too and rattlers and water moccasin s.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Chef said:

Not to be rude but it’s one thing I can’t get behind. I mean it’s cool if you like it but it’s not hunting. It’s paying big money to shoot a farm animal…

Hey man if you wanna go on a goat or sheep hunt I only charge $300 100% success rate and if you want a real Challenge I will take the leash off and spank it so you get a running target.

I get what you're saying . . . but . . . Why's it so much different than folks joining a co op with a pig contract and picking up their organic free range hog in mid-Sept to send to the butcher?

It might not be your definition of hunting, nor mine, but he (sorta) has a smile in his pic, sounds like he had a good time and got some good eats. Hard to see the downside.

• Like 1

I get what you're saying . . . but . . . Why's it so much different than folks joining a co op with a pig contract and picking up their organic free range hog in mid-Sept to send to the butcher?
It might not be your definition of hunting, nor mine, but he (sorta) has a smile in his pic, sounds like he had a good time and got some good eats. Hard to see the downside.

I have no issue with the act or the harvesting of meat but it’s not hunting… just call it what it is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/12/2021 at 8:21 PM, Chef said:

Coming from a guy that I’m sure has never stepped inside a high fence enclosure. 

Coming from a guy that I’m sure has never stepped inside a high fence enclosure. 

Correct nor will I ever

I’m going to edit this… I have done a pheasant hunt inside a place that also does high fenced deer. Saw some real slobs in there and yes I get it they still
Don’t like people

1 hour ago, Chef said:

I have no issue with the act or the harvesting of meat but it’s not hunting… just call it what it is.

Like I said. I understand. Might not be your, or mine, definition of hunting per se, but it seems to work for him. So I'd just say good for him. He was proud to post it up here so I see no reason to piss on his parade.

Hunting means different things to different people that's all. Agree or not he put the protein in the freezer.  

Edited by Enigma
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...