Elite Enkore Update

moog5050

So my buddy wanted to fine tune his Matthew’s at 40yds and chrono it. While we were at it, I decided to finally set up the enkore I bought last year. 

First that set tuning system flat out works.  I spent 5 min getting a bareshaft to shoot straight at 20 last year.  Never touched it and had bareshaft and fletched within inches of each other at 40yds right off the bat.  For those that bareshaft tune, you know how hard that is at 40.  This was a piece of cake. 

The bow is 71lbs, 28.25 DL and I am shooting 520g arrows.  It chronoed at 284 average. Higher than the bio rating of 340.  Thought the chrono might be off but boy did it shoot far flatter than any bow I ever owned.  And the Matthew’s chronoed a little under its ibo rating so I felt bit more confident that the chrono was on.  

long story short, the Enkore is the best performing bow I ever owned and was the easiest to tune.  It’s not the quietest yet but not bad.  And is more dead in hand than the PSE evolve I have been hunting with.  5 stars easy.   I will now focus on playing with the stop to get it whisper quiet.   It’s ready to hunt when I am ready to use it. 

by the way, I am loving the new HHA single pin.  Was so easy to sight in and get the right tape. And takes about 2 seconds to adjust distance.  If I had known, I would have bought this over a multi pin years ago.  Nice clean sight picture.   I will probably leave mine at 25 and only adjust beyond 30 with this flat shooting bow. 

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

So my buddy wanted to fine tune his Matthew’s at 40yds and chrono it. While we were at it, I decided to finally set up the enkore I bought last year. 

First that set tuning system flat out works.  I spent 5 min getting a bareshaft to shoot straight at 20 last year.  Never touched it and had bareshaft and fletched within inches of each other at 40yds right off the bat.  For those that bareshaft tune, you know how hard that is at 40.  This was a piece of cake. 

The bow is 71lbs, 28.25 DL and I am shooting 520g arrows.  It chronoed at 284 average. Higher than the bio rating of 340.  Thought the chrono might be off but boy did it shoot far flatter than any bow I ever owned.  And the Matthew’s chronoed a little under its ibo rating so I felt bit more confident that the chrono was on.  

long story short, the Enkore is the best performing bow I ever owned and was the easiest to tune.  It’s not the quietest yet but not bad.  And is more dead in hand than the PSE evolve I have been hunting with.  5 stars easy.   I will now focus on playing with the stop to get it whisper quiet.   It’s ready to hunt when I am ready to use it. 

by the way, I am loving the new HHA single pin.  Was so easy to sight in and get the right tape. And takes about 2 seconds to adjust distance.  If I had known, I would have bought this over a multi pin years ago.  Nice clean sight picture.   I will probably leave mine at 25 and only adjust beyond 30 with this flat shooting bow. 

I'll take it!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lawdwaz said:

I'll take it!

Law

i know you want one.  This is the only bow I have ever shot I would call a game changer.   The speed and that set system far exceeded hopes.  Buy one.   You won’t regret it.  This one ain’t leaving my clutches.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I've been toying with switching to a single pin for years! My bow is a flat shooter that is good out to 30 yards with one pin anyways. In 35+ years of bowhunting, I've never shot a deer beyond 25 yards though. Someday, I'll probably go to a single pin though....

I look forward to owning it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Haha 1

It's definitely awesome that bow designs are gravitating toward tunability. I just setup a bowtech realm x finally. Every bow I setup I first set everything to spec and for laughs see if I can get it to tune with what should be the ideal center shot and everything as it would be with paper specs. I have yet to setup a bow that can be made to tune as theoretically should. Always have to tweak center shot/rest, induce a little cam lean with yokes, shim, or something. I don't upgrade as much anymore but the new bowtechs and elites with these tuning features are definitely on my radar.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Cabin Fever said:

I've been toying with switching to a single pin for years! My bow is a flat shooter that is good out to 30 yards with one pin anyways. In 35+ years of bowhunting, I've never shot a deer beyond 25 yards though. Someday, I'll probably go to a single pin though....

I really like the clean view Bob.   My longest is only 32-33yds too.   But if you shoot a multi pin, this just eliminates unneeded clutter.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mlammerhirt said:

Which single pin are you guys using and what size pin? I am currently revamping an old Elite Answer setup and outfitting it with an HHA optimizer kingpin with a .019 size pin. I finally got everything and will hopefully have it up and running by the weekend.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

I have the HHA optimizer lite with a .019 pin.  

15 hours ago, moog5050 said:

I'm shooting a 60 lb. Enkore and have to agree with you that the tuning system is great.  Took me about 5 shots to get a bareshaft flying straight out of the bow.  And it was grouping well with my fletched arrows out to 40.  It's not the smoothest drawing or quietest bow out there, but it sure shoots well for me!

I'm shooting a 60 lb. Enkore and have to agree with you that the tuning system is great.  Took me about 5 shots to get a bareshaft flying straight out of the bow.  And it was grouping well with my fletched arrows out to 40.  It's not the smoothest drawing or quietest bow out there, but it sure shoots well for me!
Wait you mean to say you were shooting bare shafts to 40 yards?

https://www.instagram.com/thejerkman

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

3 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Wait you mean to say you were shooting bare shafts to 40 yards?

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

I originally started out at 7 or 8 yards in my basement to make sure I had good bareshaft flight.  I took it to 20 yards outside after that and was getting such good results that I stepped back to 30 yards, then 40 yards to see how things looked.  I don't normally shoot bare shafts at 40 yards but was pleasantly surprised that it hit with fletched arrows at that distance.  I'll only be shooting fletched arrows out of the Enkore now that everything is set up and tuned appropriately.

• Like 1

I originally started out at 7 or 8 yards in my basement to make sure I had good bareshaft flight.  I took it to 20 yards outside after that and was getting such good results that I stepped back to 30 yards, then 40 yards to see how things looked.  I don't normally shoot bare shafts at 40 yards but was pleasantly surprised that it hit with fletched arrows at that distance.  I'll only be shooting fletched arrows out of the Enkore now that everything is set up and tuned appropriately.
NGL I was quite impressed. One day I'll get a new replacement for my '12 Elite Hunter. It's just so good as is

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Idk if I could do that. I'd be worried about one flying away where I didn't want it to. Granted I guess issues would show well before stepping back that far for shots

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

I literally tuned bareshafts at 20 with the set system and then shot 30 and 40 with the bareshaft.   I was always within a few inches at 40 between the fletched and bareshaft.   That set system really makes it EASY to tune well.

• Like 1

I literally tuned bareshafts at 20 with the set system and then shot 30 and 40 with the bareshaft.   I was always within a few inches at 40 between the fletched and bareshaft.   That set system really makes it EASY to tune well.
Damn! That's fantastic!

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes