Elite Enkore Update

moog5050

9 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Which single pin are you guys using and what size pin? I am currently revamping an old Elite Answer setup and outfitting it with an HHA optimizer kingpin with a .019 size pin. I finally got everything and will hopefully have it up and running by the weekend.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

I got a covert pro sight and the pin is adjustable brightness and size. Some people think it is cheap and flimsy,but I have not had any problems with it. The HHA sights sound sweet though.

Edited by BowmanMike

22 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

I'll take it!

19 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I look forward to owning it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

17 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

Well then I call dibs from you

https://www.instagram.com/thejerkman

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

Episode 4 GIF - Find on GIFER

Edited by Robhuntandfish

31 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

After 20 they go haywire for me, and i know the bow is well tuned lol

How do you know the bow is well tuned? Paper tuning is a start I think,as it only gives you a snap shot at whatever distance you have the paper.  

If a bareshaft hits parallel and in the same place as your fletched arrows at 20 there is no reason why it would start to go crazy past 20. Unless you as a shooter are nervous about the performance of the arrow at longer distance and torque the bow. 

I think paper tuning gets you very close,but a bareshaft or fixed broadhead will tell you if the bow and you are 98% tuned or 100%.

5 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

How do you know the bow is well tuned? Paper tuning is a start I think,as it only gives you a snap shot at whatever distance you have the paper.  

If a bareshaft hits parallel and in the same place as your fletched arrows at 20 there is no reason why it would start to go crazy past 20. Unless you as a shooter are nervous about the performance of the arrow at longer distance and torque the bow. 

I think paper tuning gets you very close,but a bareshaft or fixed broadhead will tell you if the bow and you are 98% tuned or 100%.

I always bareshaft tune with recurves and started doing it with compounds.  I think it’s absolutely the best way to tune.  But it does require consistency in form.  And I have one compound I put away because I could never get it to tune with bareshafts to my liking.   Will it kill deer, sure but it drives me nuts.  I will assume that Tacks issue is the bow.  Lol

• Like 1

I always bareshaft tune with recurves and started doing it with compounds.  I think it’s absolutely the best way to tune.  But it does require consistency in form.  And I have one compound I put away because I could never get it to tune with bareshafts to my liking.   Will it kill deer, sure but it drives me nuts.  I will assume that Tacks issue is the bow.  Lol

To be clear, I believe the problem lies in my form. Actually I don't think theres a problem at all lol, I'm getting great broadhead flight grouping with fletched.

1 minute ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

To be clear, I believe the problem lies in my form. Actually I don't think theres a problem at all lol, I'm getting great broadhead flight grouping with fletched.

I am just kidding with you.  I am sure all is well.  

9 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

And that's what matters most as we don't hunt with bareshaft arrows. 

Just now, BowmanMike said:

So walk back tuning does make no sense to me as it just considers fletched arrows impact.  Which tells you not much in my opinion,but maybe I just don't get it.

What it tells me is if my arrow rest is set for proper center shot - not manufacturer recommended center shot, but the center shot of the bow / arrow combination.  If you are hitting dead on at 20 but get progressively more to the left the farther you go back in distance, move the rest to the right (or vice versa) until you are hitting your target consistently in the left/right direction.

What it tells me is if my arrow rest is set for proper center shot - not manufacturer recommended center shot, but the center shot of the bow / arrow combination.  If you are hitting dead on at 20 but get progressively more to the left the farther you go back in distance, move the rest to the right (or vice versa) until you are hitting your target consistently in the left/right direction.

Exactly